Solutions for Your Needs
At Anixter, our distinct approach to manufacturing lets us meet short lead times and react promptly to schedule changes. Our technical service and engineering experts support the entire process from application review, to design conception, quality planning, and best-in-class finished parts.
Solve Your Manufacturing Challenges
Anixter understands the fasteners industry and the importance of flexibility in manufacturing. We will deliver solutions for your changing needs including short lead times, small batch sizes, customized parts and changes in customer demand.
Our experienced team achieves this consistently through:
- A lean process that facilitates quick changeover using expert engineering teams that manufacture custom-special and semispecial fasteners
- Our ability to run smaller lot sizes than other manufacturers at competitive prices
- Modifications to production schedule to satisfy changes in customer-demand patterns
- Specialty manufacturing of complex parts at the Wood Dale, Illinois facility.
Support From the Top Technical and Engineering Experts
Our experienced technical services and engineering support team consults with you on the entire process from application review and design conception to finished parts and line trial. We provide quality and production efficiency by identifying issues prior to implementation and provide sample inspection reports to confirm standards and compliance specifications prior to production startup.
Quality Manufacturing Experience at Work
At Anixter, we only deliver quality-assured products. Our full range of quality-assurance tests are carried out at our Wood Dale, Illinois facility. We produce more than a billion fasteners per year, so we know the process will work for you.
We use the most current tests including:
- Mechanical testing: e.g., full dimensional inspection, axial and wedge tensile test, compression test, proof load test, hardness tests (Rockwell, Vickers, Knoop)
- Metallurgical testing: e.g., coating and plating thickness, surface integrity, discontinuity, ductility, embrittlement, corrosion, neutral salt spray test, and joint testing.
Fastener Manufacturing Capabilities
Anixter fasteners have a wide range of manufacturing capabilities including:
- Size ranges: #1 to 1-inch (M2 to M24) diameter, lengths up to 8 1/2-inch (215 mm)
- Secondary processes: cutting, trimming, drilling, tapping, shaving, thread rolling
- Many head styles, drive systems and thread
- Automated process control including SPC and force meters
- Screw and washer (sem) capability
- Facilitate prototype runs
- Sorting by pace, laser and optical
- Proprietary products:
- Phillips Square-Drive (PSD)
- ACR Phillips II and Philiips square-drive
- MAThread and MATpoint, anticross-threading feature
- High Torque Fastener System
- Taplite thread rolling fastener family
The license from REMINC gives Anixter the ability to manufacturer the TRILOBULAR® family of fasteners, which includes TAPTITE®, DUO-TAPTITE®, TAPTITE II®, TAPTITE 2000®, PLASTITE®, POWERLOK®, and FASTITE® fasteners. This new license will help Anixter improve product flow, reduce lead times and help reduce customer in-place cost.