Technical Excellence. Tailored Solutions.
Anixter's dedicated technical staff includes:
- 90 highly qualified BICSI Registered Communications Distribution Designers (RCDDs)
- CISCO certified network engineers
- Fasteners quality certified engineers and Six Sigma members
- Security specialists
- Industrial communication specialists
- Quality managers and inspectors
- Application engineers
Anixter's Technology Solutions Group
Anixter's Technology Solutions GroupSM (TSG) consists of engineers and technical experts who provide years of experience to guide for the proper selection of products and solutions to maintain system reliability and longevity. By staying active in industry groups, TSG's members maintain contact with top industry engineers and keep current on the latest technical developments.
Anixter's engineers actively participate or monitor industry-related activities in many organizations including ASTM, ANSI, BICSI, EIA/TIA, UL, IEEE, ICEA, NEMA, NFPA, ISA, CCCA, CSIA, SAE, ANCE, CENELEC, VDE, ISO and IEC. This involvement allows us to offer assistance on interpreting and implementing regulatory standards as well as reviewing and revising engineering specifications. Our experts can assist you with the following:
- Installation recommendations
- Codes and standards interpretation
- Application engineering and troubleshooting
- Cable pulling calculations
- Ampacity values and conduit fills calculations
- Cable sizing for environmental and load conditions
- Maximum short-circuit current value determinations
- Cable chemical-resistance characteristic evaluations
- Voltage drop calculations
- Cable testing
- Custom training sessions.
Partner With the Problem-Solving Pros
Anixter's technical team begins by spending time with you to fully understand your specific requirements and applications. They move forward with that knowledge, ensuring that the best possible products and solutions are considered. Throughout the process, you have access to a wide range of technical and engineering support functions designed to address any challenge that may arise. Some of these resources include:
- Training through Anixter UniversitySM
- Access to our Infrastructure Solutions LabSM in Glenview, IL, United States.
- Application planning experts who meet and exceed industry standards through our ipAssuredSM program
- Timely information on the latest industry developments, including standards and technological enhancements via Anixter's membership in many respected industry associations such as ONVIF, TIA, CSIA and Six Sigma
- Supply chain experts who provide on-time delivery and step-by-step support.