Supplier and Customer Diversity Program
WESCO Anixter is committed to promoting participation of minority-, women-, and disabled- veteran-owned business enterprises (MWDVBE) in our distribution business. We will use reasonable efforts to provide opportunities to certified MWDVBEs through purchasing or reselling opportunities, Mentor-Protégé programs, teaming arrangements and subcontracting whenever practical.
- Strengthening WESCO Anixter’s diversity supplier community economically contributes to the growth and expansion in our markets.
- WESCO Anixter’s policy is to offer minority businesses an opportunity to compete on an equal basis with other bidders by developing a strategic program to strengthen our ecosystem with qualified value-added diversity suppliers.
- WESCO Anixter is committed to supporting the demand from customers for value-added and validated diversity partners, per i) federal & state regulation ii) diversity goals.
- WESCO Anixter is dedicated to our organization’s focus on building an authentic and engaging culture of inclusion, diversity, awareness, understanding and cultural competence.
- WESCO Anxiter believes that harnessing the various backgrounds, skills, and life experiences of our employees is vital to meet the changing needs of our customers and supplier partners
- WESCO Anixter continued to help U.S. customers report on their indirect diversity purchases from WESCO Anixter by distributing electronic diversity purchasing reports each quarter. WESCO Anixter has been supporting customers with quarterly diversity purchasing reports since 1999.
- WESCO Anixter is committed to engaging small and diverse business enterprises in our selection of value-added vendors for internal procurement requirements.
- As a General Services Administration (GSA) contract holder since 2000, Anixter continuously strives to attain annual small business subcontracting goals. The small business subcontracting initiative focuses on increasing subcontracting opportunities for disadvantaged, Minority-Owned, HUBZone-certified, 8A-certified, Veteran-Owned, Service-Disabled-Veteran- Owned and Woman-Owned Small Businesses to receive maximum practical opportunities in federal government subcontract awards. The program seeks to ensure that domestic small businesses receive a fair and equitable opportunity to compete for and receive subcontracts.
- Through a combination of long-term and recently established partnerships with a vast array of diversity organizations located across the U.S., Anixter’s and our partners’ strengths are combined to collectively help our mutual customers achieve their diversity business engagement goals for both large projects and day-to-day operations.
- WESCO received the Duquesne Light Company (DLC) 2021 Supplier Diversity Excellence award, which honors a strong commitment to supplier diversity.
- WESCO recognized as a 2020 Women on Boards Winning “W” Company for Board diversity and female representation every year since 2012.
- WESCO selected for the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index (GEI), which distinguishes companies committed to transparency in gender reporting and equality.