EMEA Website Privacy Notice
This privacy notice describes how we collect, use, process, disclose and protect personal information about you. It applies to personal information we collect when you access and use the services and features offered on the “Europe, Middle East & Africa” section of anixter.com and any of our other websites or mobile applications that link to this notice (collectively “the Sites”).
When you access the Sites from the EU, Anixter Limited and Anixter Inc are the data controllers.
We may change this notice from time to time. If we make significant changes, we will notify you. We encourage you to review this notice whenever you use the Sites.
Personal information, or personal data, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified.
We may collect, store and use, the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identity Information
For example, name, telephone number, email, employer name, employer address, industry, occupation, languages, information about authorised users.
- Transaction Information
For example, when you purchase or return products, we collect information about the transaction, such as product name, purchase price and quantity ordered.
- Log Information
We log information about your use of the Sites. For example, the type of browser you use, access, times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Sites.
- Device Information
We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Sites, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Logical Identifiers
For example, passwords, username and cookies (see below).
- Financial Information
For example, credit or debit card information
We do not specifically collect special category or sensitive personal information about you. This includes details about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometric or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership. We ask you not to share special category personal information with us, unless specifically requested or necessary, for example, through our Business Integrity Line.
We collect personal information using different methods:
- Directly from you
For example, when you visit the Sites, we collect information when you request a quote, create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Sites, order products, sign up for newsletters or provide general feedback.
- Automatically when you use our Sites
When you access the Sites, we will automatically collect transaction information, log information, device information and information collected by cookies and other tracking technologies.
- From other sources
For example, if you create or log into an account by using social network credentials, such as LinkedIn or Facebook, we will have access to certain information from that site, in accordance with the procedures determined by such social media site.
- “Lawful bases” for processing your personal information
We will only use personal information where the law allows us to do so. Typically, we will rely on the following “lawful bases”:
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We rely on consent as lawful basis for processing only in specific circumstances. Where we do rely on consent, the relevant form on the Site will provide information on when consent is sought. Usually, this will be the case in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
- Purposes for which we use your personal information
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To register you or the business partner as a customer
- To process orders and requests for products, including quoting, tracking orders, delivery, processing returns and exchanges, payment management, processing credit and other forms of payment and collections
- To provide, maintain, improve and protect the Sites
- To personalise and improve your experience using the Sites and provide advertisements, content and features that match user profile or interests and to measure effectiveness of content delivery
- To provide and improve our customer service, including to respond to your comments, questions and requests
- To analyse and manage our business, including our relationship with you or a business partner
- To send technical notices, updates, security alerts and support administrative messages
- To communicate with you about the services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by us and others
- To link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service
- To comply with international trade laws and regulations
The above purposes for using your personal information will overlap and, therefore, multiple purposes may justify our use of your personal information.
- If you do not provide your personal information
If you do not provide personal information that we request, we may not be able to provide products or services that you or a business partner requests. You will also not be able to receive targeted offers and other relevant communication. If we enter into a contract with you, without personal information that we need, we may not be able to perform that contract.
- Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it. If we need to use your personal information for a different purpose, we can use it provided we reasonably consider that such different purpose is compatible with the original purpose.
- Automated decision making
Automated decision-making takes place when an electronic system uses personal information to make a decision without human intervention. At Anixter, where personal information is processed by automated means, there usually is human intervention. If this approach changes, we will notify you.
We may use information about how you use the Sites, your identity, the identity of a business partner you represent to form a view on the products and services you may need or be interested in or that may be relevant to you.
If you are an “individual subscriber”, in other words you buy products and services from us for your own needs, you will receive marketing communication from us if you have requested information from us or purchased products or services from us and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving marketing communications.
If you are a “corporate subscriber”, in other words you buy products and services from us on behalf of a business partner you represent, we are free to send you marketing communications, but you will still be able to object to marketing communications, if, in contacting you, we use your personal information.
You can always ask us to stop sending you marketing messages by contacting us.
- Cookies and tracking technologies
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You can block cookies by activating the setting on your web browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. These settings are usually found in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your web browser. To understand these settings or get further information, refer to the documentation provided by the provider of the web browser you are using. For further information about deleting or blocking cookies, please visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies), you may not be able to access all or parts of our Sites or perform certain functionalities of the Sites, such as requesting a quote.
- Categories of recipients of personal information
We may share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Anixter Group
- The information will be shared with Anixter Inc, which provides IT and system administration services and e-marketing teams based in regional HQ’s, for example, Anixter Limited is an HQ in the UK.
- Other entities that provide shared services, such as accounts payable and receivable and purchasing, may receive personal information.
- Service providers and suppliers of goods
- Service providers, who provide IT and administration and hosting services in relation to the Sites. Personal information may also be shared with providers of analytical services.
- The information may be shared with suppliers of products, transportation companies and others companies involved in fulfilling your or business partner’s orders.
- Professional advisers
We may need to share information with our lawyers or accountants.
- Regulators and other authorities
It may be necessary to provide personal information to, for example, tax authorities.
- The parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or assets or where we acquire or seek to acquire other businesses or merge them.
We require third parties to respect security of your personal information and treat it in accordance with the law. Where we disclose personal information to a service provider or other processor, we require them to take adequate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies and the law. We only permit such third parties to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- International data transfers
We may share your personal information within Anixter Group. This will involve transferring your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). The EU legislation requires us to ensure your personal information is adequately protected outside EEA. To ensure such protection we have put in place intra-group EU Model Clauses.
External third parties with whom we share personal information may be based outside EEA. In that case, we have processes in place to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected. For example, our contracts with third party processors include provisions that they must follow to ensure adequate protection of your personal information.
- Social sharing features
The Sites may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook "Like" button), which let you share actions you take on our Sites with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
- Advertising and analytics services provided by others
We take reasonable steps to maintain physical, procedural, and technical security in our offices, information systems, and information storage facilities in order to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, erroneous disclosure, alteration or destruction. We restrict access to personal information to those individuals who need access to it in performing our duties and obligations.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. That includes satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. At the end of the retention period, personal information is deleted or anonymised.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request access to personal information that we hold about you.
- Request correction of your personal information when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- Request erasure of your personal information. You may exercise this right, when there is no good reason for us continuing to process personal information about you. Note that we may not always be able to remove your personal information for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you.
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest. You also have the right to object where we are processing personal information for marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate ground to process your personal information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This allows you to ask us to suspend processing of your personal information. For example, where you wish to establish that personal information that we hold about you is accurate.
- Stop consent based processing of your personal information. If we collected personal information on the basis of consent, you have the right to withdraw consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you and will advise you if that would be the case.
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us.
Please note that you will not have to pay a fee to exercise your rights. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded or excessive or we may refuse to comply with your request in such circumstances.
When you exercise your rights, we may request information form you to confirm your identity. This is to ensure your personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
We hope that this notice has been helpful, but if you have questions or wish to exercise your legal rights, please contact our Chief Compliance Officer by emailing us at email@example.com.
If you do not have access to an email you may write to us at Chief Compliance Officer, Anixter Inc, 2301 Patriot Blvd, Glenview, IL, 60026, USA or Anixter Limited, Inspired, Easthampstead Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1YQ, United Kingdom.
You also have a right to make a complaint at any time to a supervisory authority in your country.