Anixter India Ptv Ltd. E-Waste Management Plan
1 January 2019
Toll Free No: 1-800-425-7770
Electronic waste, or e-waste, is a term for electronic products that have become unwanted, non-working or obsolete, and have essentially reached the end of their useful life. As per E-waste Rule 2016, the e-waste defined as ‘electrical and electronic equipment, whole or in part discarded as waste by the consumer or bulk consumer as well as rejects from manufacturing, refurbishment and repair processes.
Anixter India Ptv Ltd. (“Company” or we) is committed to environment protection and reduction in waste of any natural resources. Therefore, we make this E-waste Management Plan in accordance with the E-waste Rule 2016.
Benefit of Recycling of E-Waste
- E-waste contains many valuable, recoverable materials such as aluminum, copper, gold, silver, plastics, and ferrous metals. In order to conserve natural resources and the energy needed to produce new electronic equipment from virgin resources, electronic equipment can be refurbished, reused, and recycled instead of being land filled.
- E-waste also contains toxic and hazardous materials including mercury, lead, cadmium, beryllium, chromium, and chemical flame retardants, which have the potential to leach into our soil and water.
- Protects your surroundings: Safe recycling of outdated electronics promotes sound management of toxic chemicals such as lead and mercury.
- Conserves natural resources: Recycling recovers valuable materials from old electronics that can be used to make new products. As a result, we save energy, reduce pollution, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and save resources by extracting fewer raw materials from the earth.
- Helps others: Donating your used electronics benefits your community by passing on ready-to-use or refurbished equipment to those who need it.
- Saves landfill space: E-waste is a growing waste stream. By recycling these items, landfill space is conserved.
Recycling of E-Waste
The Company has partnered with the M/s Trishyiraya Recycling India Pvt. Ltd, for collection and recycling of all e-waste in respect of our imported electrical and electronic equipment (as defined in the E-waste Rule 2016) in India and disposes the same at their plant at A-7, Phase -1MEPZ, Tambaram, Chennai 600045.
Customers can reach or call on the toll free number of M/s Trishyiraya Recycling India Pvt. Ltd 1-800-425-7770, if they have any end-of-life electrical and electronic equipment to dispose of. Our representatives can explain to them about process of disposal and the nearest drop point available to drop the e-waste.
If any customer wants to handover the material from their door steps, we do send either our logistics team or M/s Trishyiraya Recycling India Pvt. Ltd team to collect the items and channelize the same to our e-waste partner plant for final processing.
E-Waste Recycling Do's & Don'ts
- Always look for information on the catalogue with your product for end-of-life equipment handling.
- Ensure that only Authorized Recyclers repair and handle your electronic products.
- Always call our E-waste Authorized Collection Centres/points to dispose products that have reached end-of life.
- Always drop your used electronic products, batteries or any accessories when they reach the end of their life at your nearest Authorized E-Waste Collection Centres/Points.
- Always disconnect the battery from product, and ensure any glass surface is protected against breakage.
- Do not dismantle your electronic Products on your own.
- Do not throw electronics in bins having “Do Not Dispose” sign.
- Do not give e-waste to informal (Kabbadi) and unorganized sectors like Local Scrap Dealer/Rag Pickers.
- Do not dispose your product in garbage bins along with municipal waste that ultimately reaches landfills.
We have also partnered with M/s Bluedart Express Ltd. for reverse logistics for channelization of e-waste to the facility and our customers can drop their end-of-life equipment to the collection centre that is closer to them.
Click the button below to download the collection centre list.