Imagine Testing a 12-Fiber MPO Connector in 12 Seconds
With VIAVI FiberChek Sidewinder - Industry’s First "All-in-One" Handheld Multifiber Inspection - you can!
Milpitas, Calif., September 12, 2017 – VIAVI Solutions (NASDAQ: VIAV) today announced the availability of FiberChek Sidewinder, the industry’s first all-in-one handheld inspection and analysis solution for multifiber connectors. An extension of the proven FiberChek portfolio of testers, Sidewinder dramatically reduces time to inspect and certify fiber endfaces for faster network build-outs without sacrificing accuracy or ease of use. VIAVI also announced the MPO Optical Switch Module for the TBERD/MTS-4000, allowing current users of this instrument to add on test functionality for MPO cables. Together with the recently announced SmartClass Fiber MPOLx, these solutions add to VIAVI’s leading portfolio of MPO characterization and certification offerings for service providers, enterprises and data centers.
As bandwidth demand continues to grow around the globe, fiber is being deployed in all network segments. Ribbon fiber with MPO connectivity is being extended from the service provider into and throughout enterprises and data centers, and out to the end equipment to simplify deployment. This growth of multifiber connectivity has also introduced new challenges for both installation technicians and network operators, so proper test practices are essential to ensure optimum network performance.
The FiberChek Sidewinder is the first solution on the market to completely automate the multifiber inspection process with industry-leading reliability and speed - providing industry’s fastest and first fully autonomous and automated MPO inspection workflow, reducing job times by as much as 92 percent.
“Just as clinicians need to ensure that anything that touches patients is meticulously clean, network owners are challenged to keep fiber free of contamination. That task is often outsourced to contractors, so a fast, accurate and user-friendly test device is essential to get the job done right,” said Kevin Oliver, Vice President and General Manager, Converged Instruments and Virtual Test, VIAVI Solutions. “The fully autonomous intelligence of Sidewinder enables game-changing functionality and speed, and add to a long line of reliable, easy-to-use VIAVI solutions trusted by techs and Tier-1 service providers alike.”
- Technicians can receive automatic pass/fail results for all 12 MPO fibers in less than twelve seconds; a typical job of certifying 100 MPO connectors can be completed in 20 minutes, compared to the industry average of 4.3 hours (a 92 percent reduction).
- Endface quality can be certified to customer requirements, including IEC-61300-3-35.
- All-in-one design provides completely autonomous operation with features including auto-focus, auto-pan/scroll, endface analysis, color touch screen, on-board storage, and Wi-Fi connectivity to mobile devices.
- Ensures fast and reliable workflow for test and certification.
- Fully autonomous multifiber inspection.
- Automate the inspection workflow.
- Certify end face quality to customer requirements.
- Ensure accurate and fast test performance with automatic test results in less than 8 seconds.
- Easily access connections in any location.
- Connect with anything and test anywhere!
925861 FIT-FCSW-KIT1 Kit: FiberChek Sidewinder probe – WiFi, Case, FCPP-OLA-1, tip case
925863 FIT-FCSW-KIT1-NW Kit: FiberChek Sidewinder probe – NO WiFi, Case, FCPP-OLA-1, tip case
925866 FIT-FCSW-KIT2 Kit: FiberChek Sidewinder probe – WiFi, Case, FCPP-OLA-1, FCPT-UFBPT, FCPT-MTP, FCPTMTPA, tip case
925869 FCPT-MTP MTP/MPO Bulkhead Tip, for FiberChek Sidewinder
925870 FCPT-MTPA MTP APC Bulkhead Tip, for FiberChek Sidewinder
925872 FCPP-OLA-1 Objective Lens Assembly, for FiberChek Sidewinder
925873 FCPT-UFBPT FBP Probe Interface Adapter, for FiberChek Sidewinder
925874 FCPP-SCASE4 Carrying Case for FiberChek Sidewinder