Support Higher Bandwidths with Tripp Lite’s Next-Gen OM5 Fiber Cable
Tripp Lite, a world-leading manufacturer of power protection and connectivity solutions, has introduced OM5 Multimode Fiber Patch Cable to support new standards for 40/100 Gb Ethernet applications.
With 100 Gb Ethernet becoming more widespread, fiber cables must support the demand for higher bandwidths and greater speeds. Tripp Lite’s OM5 Duplex Multimode 50/125 Fiber Patch Cable is a wideband multimode fiber (WBMMF) solution that supports at least four wavelengths in the 850-950 nm range. This LC to LC cable is well-suited for applications up to 300 meters (at 850 nm).
“For fast, clear signal transmission through a local area network or storage area network, this new high-speed cabling provides a solution that’s ideal for high-speed parallel interconnections for head ends, central offices and data centers,” said David Posner, Tripp Lite’s Director of Product Marketing. “It’s also backward compatible with existing OM3- and OM4-rated fiber, for seamless functionality in current installations, while future-proofing for tomorrow’s growth.”
Key Features of Tripp Lite’s OM5-rated multimode fiber cable
- Designed for use with vertical-cavity surface-emitting lasers (VCSELs) for a cost-effective, high-bandwidth solution.
- Can also be used with shortwave wavelength division multiplexing (SWDM) technology to provide transmission over longer distances.
- Low-smoke, zero-halogen (LSZH) jacket limits the amount of toxic smoke emitted in case of combustion, making it suitable for poorly ventilated areas.
- Meets current IEEE 802.3ae and TIA LOMMF standards.
- Available in lengths from 1m to 25m.
- One-year warranty.
This cabling is made with premium materials to ensure it carries data and voice signals reliably. The jacket is lime green in color to identify it as OM5-rated.