GenClean Portable Cord
"Clean-ability" and durability in one solution
GenClean™ is a proprietary new technology developed by General Cable for rubber portable cord used in the food and beverage industry. GenClean offers all the benefits and durability of rubber cord with a cleanable jacket, which permits organic material to be more readily removed in a wash cycle.
Cables with a GenClean jacket permit organic remnants to be more readily removed in a wash cycle, which would substantially reduce the environmental conditions conducive to microbial growth. For water wash-down, water temperatures up to 212°F (100°C) are acceptable. The maximum temperature for operation in water is 140°F (60°C).
The GenClean jacket has been tested with many solvents and has proven itself in the toughest of environments! Furthermore, its super tough jacket construction is built to withstand daily abuse, temperature extremes (-50°C to 105°C) and high-stress industrial environments. It is abrasion-, cut-, heat-, flame-, sunlight- and chemical-resistant.
- Resists high water temperatures for effective cleaning
- High durability for longer life-cycle
- High performance in the harshest manufacturing environments
- Excellent flexibility in temperatures as low as -122F (-50C)
- Resistant to oils, acids, chemicals, ozone and sunlight (UV)
- Abrasion- and cut-resistant
- High heat and flame resistance
- Food/Beverage Manufacturing
- Marine Cord Manufacturing
- Manufactured Structures
- Severe Environments