Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of microcontroller, analog, FPGA, connectivity and power management semiconductors. Its easy-to-use development tools and comprehensive product portfolio enable customers to create optimal designs which reduce risk while lowering total system cost and time to market. The company’s solutions serve more than 120,000 customers across the industrial, automotive, consumer, aerospace and defense, communications and computing markets. Headquartered in Chandler, Arizona, Microchip offers outstanding technical support along with dependable delivery and quality.
Lead Supplier of Timing Infrastructure
- 93% of UTC world time Weighted contributions at BIPM
- Cesiums 87%, MASERs 6%
- 60%+ worldwide market share in sync for commercial communications
- 60%+ share of NTP sync servers
- The preferred next generation timing provider to major NEMs
- Over 250 IEEE 1588 networks deployed worldwide
Lead Supplier of Power over Ethernet
- More than 16 Years of history in PoE
- Patented PoE Technology - Holds majority of patents
- Only supplier of PoE IC’s, Midspans, Switches & Test Equipment
- Over 80% Market share of PoE Midspan market
- Over 33% of PoE PSE IC market, over 200M ports shipped
- Designed into more than 400 industry-leading PoE switches
- Key contributor to IEEE 802.3af, 802.3at and 802.3bt
- Ethernet Alliance member
- Heading Power over HDBaseT at HDBaseT Alliance
- N-BaseT Alliance member
- Cisco Solution Partner
05/16/2023MicroChip - The New Outdoor PoE Switch for Smart Cities
Building on features and capabilities of the current favorite PDS-104GO, the PDS-204GCO adds increased cyber protection plus the redundancy required for high network availability in mission-critical outdoor applications with long-distance connectivity.
08/19/2020A New Generation of PoE Solutions for IoT Applications from Microchip
Microchip's single and multi-port IEEE 802.3bt-compliant PoE solutions deliver power of up to 90W while enabling seamless integration with any pre-IEEE 802.3bt devices, and are fully backward compatible with the IEEE 802.3af and IEEE 802.3at standards.
08/08/2019Create Cost-effective Smart Lighting Systems with Eight-port Switch that Supports New IEEE 802.3bt Power over Ethernet Standard
The adoption of commercial smart lighting systems has grown significantly as organizations strive to improve energy efficiency and operational costs in buildings.
- PoE for Digital Ceiling
Building an Ethernet infrastructure for IP-based LED luminaires to create energy efficient lighting systems has never been easier. Microsemi recently launched a fanless PoE switch specifically designed for digital ceiling applications.
- PoE Goes Outdoor
With Microsemi’s industry-leading outdoor PoE solutions, customers can leverage well-known PoE advantages in extreme weather conditions typically associated with microwave point-to-point, small cells, and surveillance camera installations.