CORNING | 024EUF-T4101DA1
FREEDM Loose Tube, Gel-Free, Interlocking Armored Cable, Riser, 24 fiber, Single-mode (OS2)
Corning FREEDM loose tube gel-free interlocking armored cables are flame-retardant, indoor/outdoor, riser-rated cables for interbuilding and intrabuilding backbones in aerial, duct and riser applications. Encased in a spirally wrapped, aluminum interlo cking armor for ruggedness and superior crush resistance, these cables are ideal for industrial and heavy traffic areas and installations requiring extra protection for optical cables and for high-fiber-count trunking applications in areas with limited conduit or vault space. The riser rating precludes the need for a transition splice when entering the building.
These cables are protected against water penetration by innovative waterblocking tapes and yarns that swell to absorb water without the use of messy gels to provide more efficient and craft-friendly cable preparation. This waterblocking technology makes cable access easier and simplifies the use of buffer tube fan-out kits. The buffer tubes and fibers in each tube are color coded for qui ck, easy identification. The SZ-stranded, loose tube design isolates fibers from installation, environmental rigors and allows for easy mid-span access. The cable design is also National Electrical Code (NEC) listed (OFCR and FT-4).
Aerial, Direct Buried, Duct, General Purpose Horizontal, Vertical Riser
- Gel-free waterblocking technology
- Craft-friendly cable preparation Loose tube design
- Stable performance and compatibility with all common fiber types Color-coded tubes and fibers
- Quick and easy identification Flexible interlocking armor
- Up to seven tes the crush protection compared to non-armored cables Common installations
- Outdoor aerial and duct; indoor vertical riser and general purpose horizontal according to NEC Article 770
Cable Type: Loose Tube
Fiber Category: Single-mode (OS2)
Flame Rating: Riser (OFCR)
Product Type: Interlocking armor
Buffer Tube Color Coding: Blue, Orange
Buffer Tube Diameter (Metric): 2.5 mm
Buffer Tube Diameter (US): 0.1 in
Central Element: Dielectric
Fiber Coloring: Blue, Orange, Green, Brown, Slate, White, Red, Black, Yellow, Violet, Rose, Aqua
Fiber Count (cable): 24
Fibers per Tube: 12
Inner Jacket Material: Flame-Retardant, UV-Resistant
Number of Active Tubes: 2
Number of Filling Elements: 4
Number of Ripcords: 2
Number of Tube Positions: 6
Outer Jacket Color: Black
Outer Jacket Material: Flame-Retardant, UV-Resistant
Tensile Strength Elements and/or Armoring - Layer 1: Interlocking armor
Max. Tensile Strengths, Long-Term (Metric): 810 N
Max. Tensile Strengths, Long-Term (US): 180 lbf
Max. Tensile Strengths, Short-Term (Metric): 2700 N
Max. Tensile Strengths, Short-Term (US): 600 lbf
Min. Bend Radius Installation (Metric): 299 mm
Min. Bend Radius Installation (US): 11.8 in
Min. Bend Radius Operation (Metric): 199 mm
Min. Bend Radius Operation (US): 7.8 in
Nominal Inner Cable Diameter (Metric): 12.9 mm
Nominal Inner Cable Diameter (US): 0.51 in
Nominal Outer Diameter (Metric-mm): 19.9 mm
Nominal Outer Diameter (US): 0.76 in
Weight (cable) (Metric): 306 kg/km
Weight (cable) (US): 206 lb/1000 ft
Temperature - Installation (Metric): -10 C to 60 C
Temperature - Installation (US): 14 F to 140 F
Temperature - Operation (Metric): -40 C to 70 C
Temperature - Operation (US): -40 F to 158 F
Temperature - Storage (Metric): -40 C to 70 C
Temperature - Storage (US): -40 F to 158 F
Approval and Listings: National Electrical Code (NEC) OFCR, CSA OFC FT-4; Common Installations: Outdoor lashed aerial and duct; indoor vertical riser and general purpose horizontal according to National Electrical Code (NEC) Article 770; Design and Test Criteria: ANSI/ICEA S-104-696; Free of hazardous substances according to RoHS 2002/95/EG
|Cable Type||LOOSE TUBE|
|Fiber Type||OS2 SINGLE-MODE|
Spec SheetSpec Sheet
Data SheetsINSTALLATION GUIDE
Shipping and Fulfillment Policy
When you order products from Anixter.com, the order is processed within one to two business days. Orders received during non-business days are processed on the next business day.
You have several shipping options for parcel shipping: standard ground 5 to 7 business days, 2 to 3 business days, or next business day.
Anixter.com orders ship to addresses within Canada. Anixter.com orders do not currently ship to addresses outside Canada or military/government APO/FPO locations. We are also not able to ship to Post Office Box addresses. If you wish to ship to an address outside Canada or a military/government location, please contact your local Anixter sales representative to discuss your options.
In addition, Anixter.com offers Less-Than-A-Truckload “LTL” option for products that cannot be shipped via parcel shipping. For products that will be shipped via LTL, you will be provided with a set of Accessorials to select from to provide Anixter with additional shipping considerations, such as residential delivery, inside delivery, liftgate or limited access.
- Residential Delivery - A residential delivery charge applies to shipments to a home or private residence, including locations where a business is operated from a home, or to any shipment in which the shipper has designated the delivery address as a residence.
- Inside Delivery - When requested, freight carrier unloads shipments from or to areas that are not next to the trailer, such as shopping malls or office buildings. An elevator must be available to provide service to floors above or below the trailer.
- Liftgate - Freight carrier provides liftgate service, if needed, to load and unload a shipment when loading/unloading docks are not available.
- Limited Access Locations - A limited access location is a site where pickup or delivery is restricted or limited.
Shipping charges are calculated based on the shipping option you select, and is prepaid by you at the time of shipment.