Corning Cable Systems CamSplice(TM) Mechanical Splice is recommended for indoor or outdoor through or branch splicing, transition splicing between listed and non-listed cables, pigtail splicing and is ideal for emergency restoration. Incorporating a unique fiber alignment mechanism that self-centers the fibers and provides accurate alignment, the CamSplice Mechanical Splice requires minimal training and few accessories to assemble. Average "blind" (non-tuned) splice loss is specified at 0.15 dB with a maximum loss less than 0.3 dB.
The one-part-fits-all design accommodates 250/250 µm, 250/900 µm or 900/900 µm applications with an optional lead-in tube for securing 900 µm fibers. With no adhesive or epoxy required, the assembly process involves stripping and cleaving fibers, inserting the fibers into the splice part until they touch and turning the cams to secure the fibers. No special tools or polishing is required, although an optional assembly fixture is recommended and a self-contained tool kit is also available. A typical installation takes less than two minutes and the completed splices fit in Corning Cable Systems splice trays as well as industry-standard splice trays.
- No adhesive or epoxy required: Reduces splice time with no curing needed
- Universal: One part fits all fiber coatings
- No polishing required: Reduces installation time
- Fiber alignment mechanism: Self-centers the fiber for accurate alignment end anw loss
Product Type (FOJP): Connector Tools and Tool Kits
Technology: Mechanical Splice
Connector Housing Color: Black
Dimensions (L x W) (Metric-mm): 44x4.2 mm
Dimensions (L x W) (US): 1.73x0.17 in
Connector Type: Camsplice
Temperature Cycling: = 1 dB from -40 to +75C
Tensile Strength 250µ and 900µ Cable (Metric): 2.2 N
Tensile Strength 250µ and 900µ Cable (US): 0.5 lb
Blind Splice Loss: = 0.3 dB
Mean Splice Loss: = 0.15 dB
Reflectance (angled cleave): = -60 dB
Reflectance (Connector): = -45 dB (flat cleave)
Vibration: = 0.5 Hz at 10 to 55 Hz with 1.52 mm (0.06 in) maximum excursion, three planes, two hours in each plane
Temperature - Operation (Metric): -40 C to 75 C
Temperature - Operation (US): -40 F to 167 F
Free of hazardous substances according to RoHS 2002/95/EG
Shipping and Fulfillment Policy
When you order products from Anixter.com, the order is processed within one to two business days. Orders received during non-business days are processed on the next business day.
You have several shipping options for parcel shipping: standard ground 5 to 7 business days, 2 to 3 business days, or next business day.
Anixter.com orders ship to addresses within Canada. Anixter.com orders do not currently ship to addresses outside Canada or military/government APO/FPO locations. We are also not able to ship to Post Office Box addresses. If you wish to ship to an address outside Canada or a military/government location, please contact your local Anixter sales representative to discuss your options.
In addition, Anixter.com offers Less-Than-A-Truckload “LTL” option for products that cannot be shipped via parcel shipping. For products that will be shipped via LTL, you will be provided with a set of Accessorials to select from to provide Anixter with additional shipping considerations, such as residential delivery, inside delivery, liftgate or limited access.
- Residential Delivery - A residential delivery charge applies to shipments to a home or private residence, including locations where a business is operated from a home, or to any shipment in which the shipper has designated the delivery address as a residence.
- Inside Delivery - When requested, freight carrier unloads shipments from or to areas that are not next to the trailer, such as shopping malls or office buildings. An elevator must be available to provide service to floors above or below the trailer.
- Liftgate - Freight carrier provides liftgate service, if needed, to load and unload a shipment when loading/unloading docks are not available.
- Limited Access Locations - A limited access location is a site where pickup or delivery is restricted or limited.
Shipping charges are calculated based on the shipping option you select, and is prepaid by you at the time of shipment.