Models USOPTL4 and USPTL4 are USB to one port RS-422/485 converters. Supporting 2-wire RS-485 or 4-wire RS-422/485 communications, these devices are great for applications requiring long range or multi-drop capabilities. Both models use pluggable termi nal blocks on the RS-422/485 side. Two LEDs indicate data transmit or receive. Model USOPTL4 includes circuitry with 2000 Volts isolation protection against ground loops and voltage spikes. Both products draw power from the USB port so no power supply is required.
Simply install the drivers supplied on CD ROM and plug the converter into an available USB port on your computer or USB hub. The device show ups as an additional COM port in the Windows Device Manager, and is compatible with Windows applic ations.
No special software is required to control the RS-485 receiver or transmit line driver. The driver is automatically enabled during each byte transmitted in RS-485 mode. The transmitter is always enabled in RS-422 mode. The receiver is tri-state d during each byte transmitted in the echo-off mode. The receiver is always enabled in the echo-on mode. There are 4.7k ohm pull-up/pull-down resistors on the RDA and RDB lines. A termination resistor may be added to R16 if needed.
Universal Serial Bus (USB) has become the connectivity workhorse of today’s PCs, replacing classic serial ports. But many commercial and industrial devices still use RS-422/485 interfaces. To connect these devices to modern PCs you need robust and reliable conversion solutions. USB ports are becoming more common on commercial and industrial equipment such as point-of-sale peripherals, medical devices, scientific instrumentation, laboratory equipment and other devices or in environments where surges, spikes and ground loops are likely to occur.
- 2000 V RMS optical isolation
- 15KV ESD surge protection
- Adds a COM port to your PC
- LEDs for transmit and receive lines
- USB 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 compatible (12 Mbps)
- Automatic configuration on Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista.
- 7 (32/64 bit), 8 (32/64 bit)
- No power supply required (powered from USB bus)
Shipping and Fulfillment Policy
When you order products from Anixter.com, the order is processed within one to two business days. Orders received during non-business days are processed on the next business day.
You have several shipping options for parcel shipping: standard ground 5 to 7 business days, 2 to 3 business days, or next business day.
Anixter.com orders ship to addresses within Canada. Anixter.com orders do not currently ship to addresses outside Canada or military/government APO/FPO locations. We are also not able to ship to Post Office Box addresses. If you wish to ship to an address outside Canada or a military/government location, please contact your local Anixter sales representative to discuss your options.
In addition, Anixter.com offers Less-Than-A-Truckload “LTL” option for products that cannot be shipped via parcel shipping. For products that will be shipped via LTL, you will be provided with a set of Accessorials to select from to provide Anixter with additional shipping considerations, such as residential delivery, inside delivery, liftgate or limited access.
- Residential Delivery - A residential delivery charge applies to shipments to a home or private residence, including locations where a business is operated from a home, or to any shipment in which the shipper has designated the delivery address as a residence.
- Inside Delivery - When requested, freight carrier unloads shipments from or to areas that are not next to the trailer, such as shopping malls or office buildings. An elevator must be available to provide service to floors above or below the trailer.
- Liftgate - Freight carrier provides liftgate service, if needed, to load and unload a shipment when loading/unloading docks are not available.
- Limited Access Locations - A limited access location is a site where pickup or delivery is restricted or limited.
Shipping charges are calculated based on the shipping option you select, and is prepaid by you at the time of shipment.