Infrastructure Solutions Lab
Educate. Demonstrate. Evaluate.
Our UL-verified Infrastructure Solutions Lab℠ is at the center of our worldwide network of facilities that research, test and evaluate solutions to help customers meet their application challenges. The 4,000-square-foot world-class research and educational center tests to all current standards, including ANSI/TIA-568, ISO 11801 and IEEE 802.3, and evaluates:
- Enterprise networks
- Wireless solutions
- Data centers
- Video surveillance solutions
- Access control solutions
- Door locking hardware products
- IoT use cases
Our technical experts in the lab analyze performance and quality across product lines and test for the interoperability of multiple subsystems to help customers follow the trend toward convergence for network infrastructure, video surveillance, access control and data center technologies. We’re proud that the lab has driven significant industry innovation, including:
- The first-ever written performance specifications for data cabling systems, which led to the development of the TIA Category designations for network cabling
- A patented cabinet-level locking system that creates a more cost effective, flexible and dynamic solution to provide secure control at the cabinet level
- The creation of Utility Grade Infrastructure (UTG), a new technology platform, assurance program and design approach that supports smart buildings
The Infrastructure Solutions Lab is located in Glenview, Illinois.
Anixter's Infrastructure Solutions Lab's structured cabling performance test processes have been UL verified. The Lab is the only facility of its kind to have these processes verified by UL.
- Demonstrate the image quality of dozens of analog and IP video surveillance cameras
- Evaluate a network infrastructure to be sure it can successfully handle bandwidth demands
- Determine optimal cabling solutions to support highspeed data applications
- Test solutions that integrate the logical and physical elements of a building’s data, voice, video and automation systems
- Conduct proof of concepts