Belden DataTuff® Single Pair Ethernet - Next Generation Ethernet Technology
DataTuff Single Pair Ethernet is designed to bring Ethernet communication to the edge, simplifying network infrastructure and enabling IIoT by connecting edge devices to the cloud.
Single Pair Ethernet (SPE) cables allow users to do more with less. Smaller, lighter and longer than the traditional 4-pair Ethernet cables, they simplify network infrastructure while providing higher bandwidth and faster data communication compared to most fieldbus cables.
With edge-to-cloud communication, the SPE cables also carry Power over Data Line (PoDL) for sensors, actuators, cameras, lighting and more—building a simple yet versatile network infrastructure for the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
SPE leverages universal Ethernet protocols, eliminating the need for additional gateway devices to translate amongst various industrial protocols. Instead, all data communication is via EtherNet/IP for simplicity, maximum visibility and IT/OT convergence.
In today’s increasingly connected world, the DataTuff Single Pair Ethernet cables were designed to simplify industrial network infrastructure while enabling power and data communication from field devices to the cloud.
With a bandwidth of 1 Gbps and a 40m reach, the medium distance SPE is ideal for manufacturing cells, on-machine and robotic applications, reducing cable weight and size. The two-conductor design also simplifies installation, as well as minimizes the labor costs associated with installation and troubleshooting.
With a bandwidth of 10 Mbps and a 1km reach, the long distance SPE is best suited for the industrial edge, establishing IIoT infrastructure throughout a facility, while consolidating electronic devices in a network. Bringing data from the edge to the control center or cloud provides maximum visibility, flexibility and insights for process optimization.
- Long distance reach (1km) with a bandwidth of 10 Mbps and frequency of 0.1-20 MHz
- Medium distance reach (40m) with a bandwidth of 1 Gbps and frequency of 1-600 MHz, providing up to 46% weight and size reduction vs. traditional 4-pair cables
- Many variations to fit a number of application needs
- Power over Data Line (PoDL) capability up to 52W
- Designed to withstand harsh industrial environments with strong shielding and jacketing options
- Compliant with Ethernet protocol requirements for easy maintenance and maximum data visibility
- Supports Time-Sensitive Networking technology to provide deterministic services
- Compatible with standard SPE connectors recommended by IEEE and TIA
- Easy to terminate
For more information, contact your local sales representative.