Our 3M Polyester Tape 8992 is a general purpose polyester tape that excels in high temperature masking operations such as powder coat painting. Coated with a silicone adhesive, this tape bonds to a variety of difficult surfaces. It is chemical resistan t and performs under a wide range of temperatures and environments.,Mask in High Temperatures 3M Polyester Tape 8992 is a general purpose polyester tape ideal for masking in high temperature applications. The translucent green backing is tear resistant . Coated with a silicone adhesive, this tape functions well in masking for powder coating to provide sharp paint lines. It removes cleanly and in one-piece from most surfaces, avoiding slivering and breaking. This tape is a thicker version of our 3M Po lyester Tape 8991.
With excellent chemical resistance, this tape works effectively in chemical processes and demanding work conditions, such as anodizing. The pressure sensitive silicone adhesive performs under a broad range of temperatures ranging fro m -60F (-50C) to 400F (204C). Recommended applications: Masking parts for high temperature powder coat painting Holding parts or vacuum bags during composite bonding operations
Masking metal surfaces in acid or caustic chemical milling baths Protec tive tape reduces scratches during handling and shipping Flash breaker in metal bonding processes where the excess epoxy (flash) flows on the tape
- Works in demanding conditions and high temperatures ranging from -60F (-50C) to 400F (204C)
- Clean removal during high-temperature masking operations such as powder coating
- Polyester film offers excellent thermal and chemical resistance while maintaining flexibility
- Thicker version of 3M Polyester Tape 8991
- Silicone adhive provides clean removal from a variety of surfaces
- Translucent green backing provides easy identification and positioning
|Category||MASKING TAPES AND SHAPES|
|Quality Standard||COMMERCIAL RELEASE|
|Temporary / Permanent||TEMPORARY|
Shipping and Fulfillment Policy
When you order products from Anixter.com, the order is processed within one to two business days. Orders received during non-business days are processed on the next business day.
You have several shipping options for parcel shipping depending on destination: standard ground 5 to 7 business days, 2 to 3 business days, or next business day.
Anixter.com orders ship to addresses Globally excluding PO Box addresses and limitations may apply to Military bases.
Anixter.com orders do not automatically ship outside of the country you place your order in, please contact your local Anixter sales representative to discuss your options for deliveries outside of the standard domestic region.
In addition, Anixter.com offers multiple shipping options for products that cannot be shipped via parcel shipping.
Some of these options are:
- Residential Delivery - A residential delivery charge applies to shipments to a home or private residence, including locations where a business is operated from a home, or to any shipment in which the shipper has designated the delivery address as a residence.
- Inside Delivery - When requested, freight carrier unloads shipments from or to areas that are not next to the trailer, such as shopping malls or office buildings. An elevator must be available to provide service to floors above or below the trailer.
- Tail-lift/HIAB - Freight carrier provides tail-lift/HIAB service, if needed, to load and unload a shipment when loading/unloading docks are not available.
- Limited Access Locations - A limited access location is a site where pickup or delivery is restricted or limited.
Shipping charges will apply and will reflect the options chosen.