Corning MIC riser cables are designed for use in riser and general purpose environments for intrabuilding backbone and horizontal installations. These multifiber cables use 900 Um buffered fibers to enable easy, consistent stripping and facilitate term ination. The fibers are surrounded by dielectric strength members and protected by a flame-retardant outer jacket.
The all-dielectric cable construction requires no grounding or bonding, making these cables ideal for routing inside buildings including riser shafts, to the telecommunications rooms and workstations. The MIC Riser Cables meet the application requirements of the National Electrical Code (NEC) Article 770 and the ICEA S-83-596 test criteria. They are OFNR and FT-4 listed for riser and g eneral-purpose use.
General Purpose Horizontal, Vertical Riser
- 900 um buffered fibers
- Easy, consistent stripping All-dielectric construction
- Requires no grounding or bonding Flame-retardant jacket
- Rugged and durable
Cable Type: Tight-Buffered
Fiber Category: Single-mode (OS2)
Flame Rating: Riser (OFNR)
Product Type: Distribution
Central Element: Yarn
Fiber Count (cable): 6
Number of Ripcords: 1
Outer Jacket Color: Yellow
Outer Jacket Material: Flame-retardant
Tensile Strength Elements and/or Armoring - Layer 1: Dielectric strength members
Tight Buffer Color: Blue, Orange, Green, Brown, Slate, White
Max. Tensile Strengths, Long-Term (Metric): 200 N
Max. Tensile Strengths, Long-Term (US): 45 lbf
Max. Tensile Strengths, Short-Term (Metric): 660 N
Max. Tensile Strengths, Short-Term (US): 150 lbf
Min. Bend Radius Installation (Metric): 83 mm
Min. Bend Radius Installation (US): 3.3 in
Min. Bend Radius Operation (Metric): 28 mm
Min. Bend Radius Operation (US): 1.1 in
Nominal Outer Diameter (Metric-mm): 5.5 mm
Nominal Outer Diameter (US): 0.22 in
Weight (cable) (Metric): 26 kg/km
Weight (cable) (US): 17 lb/1000 ft
Temperature - Installation (Metric): -10 C to 60 C
Temperature - Installation (US): 14 F to 140 F
Temperature - Operation (Metric): -20 C to 70 C
Temperature - Operation (US): -4 F to 158 F
Temperature - Storage (Metric): -40 C to 70 C
Temperature - Storage (US): -40 F to 158 F
Approval and Listings: National Electrical Code (NEC) OFNR, CSA FT-4, ICEA S-83-596; Flame Resistance: UL-1666 (for riser and general building applications)
|Cable Type||TIGHT BUFFERED|
|Fiber Type||OS2 SINGLE-MODE|
Shipping and Fulfillment Policy
When you order products from Anixter.com, the order is processed within one to two business days. Orders received during non-business days are processed on the next business day.
You have several shipping options for parcel shipping depending on destination: standard ground 5 to 7 business days, 2 to 3 business days, or next business day.
Anixter.com orders ship to addresses Globally excluding PO Box addresses and limitations may apply to Military bases.
Anixter.com orders do not automatically ship outside of the country you place your order in, please contact your local Anixter sales representative to discuss your options for deliveries outside of the standard domestic region.
In addition, Anixter.com offers multiple shipping options for products that cannot be shipped via parcel shipping.
Some of these options are:
- Residential Delivery - A residential delivery charge applies to shipments to a home or private residence, including locations where a business is operated from a home, or to any shipment in which the shipper has designated the delivery address as a residence.
- Inside Delivery - When requested, freight carrier unloads shipments from or to areas that are not next to the trailer, such as shopping malls or office buildings. An elevator must be available to provide service to floors above or below the trailer.
- Tail-lift/HIAB - Freight carrier provides tail-lift/HIAB service, if needed, to load and unload a shipment when loading/unloading docks are not available.
- Limited Access Locations - A limited access location is a site where pickup or delivery is restricted or limited.
Shipping charges will apply and will reflect the options chosen.