Corning MIC interlocking armored plenum cables are designed for use in plenum, riser and general purpose environments for intrabuilding backbone and horizontal installations. These multifiber cables use individually jacketed 900 um buffered fibers enab ling easy, consistent stripping and facilitating termination. The fibers are grouped into jacketed subunits and surrounded by a dielectric central member.
The core is protected by a flexible, spirally wrapped, aluminum interlocking armor that offers easy, one-step installation and up to seven times the crush protection of unarmored cables. With a flame-retardant outer jacket, this cable is particularly useful for heavy traffic or more challenging mechanical exposure conditions and applications requ iring extra rugged cables.
General Purpose Horizontal, Vertical Riser, Plenum
- Flexible, interlocking armor design
- Seven times crush protection compared to non-armored cables TBII buffered fibers
- Easy, consistent stripping Flame-retardant jacket
- Rugged and durable
Cable Type: Tight-Buffered
Fiber Category: Single-mode (OS2)
Flame Rating: Plenum (OFCP)
Product Type: Interlocking armor
Central Element: Yarn
Fiber Count (cable): 24
Inner Jacket Material: Flame-retardant
Number of Ripcords: 2
Outer Jacket Color: Yellow
Outer Jacket Material: Flame-retardant
Tensile Strength Elements and/or Armoring - Layer 1: Dielectric strength members
Tensile Strength Elements and/or Armoring - Layer 2: Dielectric strength members
Tensile Strength Elements and/or Armoring - Layer 3: Interlocking armor
Tight Buffer Color, Layer 2: Violet, Rose, Aqua, Blue*, Orange*, Green*, Brown*, Slate*, White*, Red*, Black*, Yellow*, Violet*, Rose*, Aqua*
Tight Buffer Color: Blue, Orange, Green, Brown, Slate, White, Red, Black, Yellow
Max. Tensile Strengths, Long-Term (Metric): 200 N
Max. Tensile Strengths, Long-Term (US): 45 lbf
Max. Tensile Strengths, Short-Term (Metric): 660 N
Max. Tensile Strengths, Short-Term (US): 150 lbf
Min. Bend Radius Installation (Metric): 215 mm
Min. Bend Radius Installation (US): 8.5 in
Min. Bend Radius Operation (Metric): 143 mm
Min. Bend Radius Operation (US): 5.6 in
Nominal Inner Cable Diameter (Metric): 7.8 mm
Nominal Inner Cable Diameter (US): 0.31 in
Nominal Outer Diameter (Metric-mm): 14.3 mm
Nominal Outer Diameter (US): 0.56 in
Weight (cable) (Metric): 197 kg/km
Weight (cable) (US): 136 lb/1000 ft
Temperature - Installation (Metric): 0 C to 60 C
Temperature - Installation (US): 32 F to 140 F
Temperature - Operation (Metric): 0 C to 70 C
Temperature - Operation (US): 32 F to 158 F
Temperature - Storage (Metric): -40 C to 70 C
Temperature - Storage (US): -40 F to 158 F
Approval and Listings: National Electrical Code (NEC) OFCP, CSA FT-6, ICEA S-83-596; Flame Resistance: NFPA 262 (for plenum, riser and general building applications)
|Cable Type||TIGHT BUFFERED|
|Fiber Type||OS2 SINGLE-MODE|
Shipping and Fulfillment Policy
When you order products from Anixter.com, the order is processed within one to two business days. Orders received during non-business days are processed on the next business day.
You have several shipping options for parcel shipping depending on destination: standard ground 5 to 7 business days, 2 to 3 business days, or next business day.
Anixter.com orders ship to addresses Globally excluding PO Box addresses and limitations may apply to Military bases.
Anixter.com orders do not automatically ship outside of the country you place your order in, please contact your local Anixter sales representative to discuss your options for deliveries outside of the standard domestic region.
In addition, Anixter.com offers multiple shipping options for products that cannot be shipped via parcel shipping.
Some of these options are:
- Residential Delivery - A residential delivery charge applies to shipments to a home or private residence, including locations where a business is operated from a home, or to any shipment in which the shipper has designated the delivery address as a residence.
- Inside Delivery - When requested, freight carrier unloads shipments from or to areas that are not next to the trailer, such as shopping malls or office buildings. An elevator must be available to provide service to floors above or below the trailer.
- Tail-lift/HIAB - Freight carrier provides tail-lift/HIAB service, if needed, to load and unload a shipment when loading/unloading docks are not available.
- Limited Access Locations - A limited access location is a site where pickup or delivery is restricted or limited.
Shipping charges will apply and will reflect the options chosen.