Corning Cable Systems ALTOS Cable with FastAccess(TM) Technology is an all-dielectric gel-free cable designed for outdoor and limited indoor use for campus backbones in lashed aerial and duct installations. The innovative FastAccess Technology feature combined with the all-dielectric gel-free loose tube design simplifies removal of the cable jacket reducing cable end access time by at least 50 percent. Equally important is the overall reduction in risk of inadvertent fiber damage and risk to instal lers from sharp cable access tools. The cable is fully waterblocked using craft-friendly, water-swellable materials, which means no clean up is required. The flexible buffer tubes are easy to route in closures, and the SZ-stranded, loose tube design is olates fibers from installation and environmental rigors while allowing easy midspan access. The all-dielectric gel-free cable construction requires no bonding or grounding, and these cables have a medium-density polyethylene jacket that is rugged, dur able, and easy to handle. A variety of fiber types are available including 62.5 µm and 50 µm, single-mode and hybrid versions, as well as fibers with Gigabit and 10 Gigabit Ethernet performance.
- Contains FastAccess(TM) Technology - Innovative cable jacket feature reduces cable end access time by at least 50 percent and reduces overall risk of inadvertent fiber damage as well as risk to installers from sharp cable access tools
- Medium-density polyethylene jacket - Rugged, durable and easy to strip while providing superior protection against UV radiation, fungus, abrasion and other environmental factors
- Fully waterblocked loose tube all-dielectric gel-free design - Simple access and no clean up
- Industry-standard performance - Meets the requirements of Telcordia GR-20, Issue 3 and ICEA S-87-640
- Available in 62.5 µm, 50 µm, single-mode and hybrid versions - Ready for any application including Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet
Cable Type: Loose Tube
Fiber Category: Single-mode (OS2)
Product Type: Dielectric
Buffer Tube Color Coding: Blue, Orange, Green, Brown, Slate, White
Buffer Tube Diameter (Metric): 2.5 mm
Buffer Tube Diameter (US): 0.1 in
Central Element: Dielectric
Fiber Coloring: Blue, Orange, Green, Brown, Slate, White, Red, Black, Yellow, Violet, Rose, Aqua
Fiber Count (cable): 72
Fibers per Tube: 12
Maximum Fibers per Tube: 12
Number of Active Tubes: 6
Number of Filling Elements: 0
Number of Ripcords: 1
Number of Tube Positions: 6
Outer Jacket Color: Black
Outer Jacket Material: Polyethylene (PE)
Max. Tensile Strengths, Long-Term (Metric): 890 N
Max. Tensile Strengths, Long-Term (US): 200 lbf
Max. Tensile Strengths, Short-Term (Metric): 2700 N
Max. Tensile Strengths, Short-Term (US): 600 lbf
Min. Bend Radius Installation (Metric): 158 mm
Min. Bend Radius Installation (US): 6.2 in
Min. Bend Radius Operation (Metric): 105 mm
Min. Bend Radius Operation (US): 4.1 in
Nominal Outer Diameter (Metric-mm): 10.5 mm
Nominal Outer Diameter (US): 0.41 in
Weight (cable) (Metric): 73 kg/km
Weight (cable) (US): 49 lb/1000 ft
Temperature - Installation (Metric): -30 C to 70 C
Temperature - Installation (US): -22 F to 158 F
Temperature - Operation (Metric): -40 C to 70 C
Temperature - Operation (US): -40 F to 158 F
Temperature - Storage (Metric): -40 C to 70 C
Temperature - Storage (US): -40 F to 158 F
Common Installations: Outdoor lashed aerial and duct; indoor when installed according to National Electrical Code (NEC) Article 770; Design and Test Criteria: ANSI/ICEA S-87-640; Free of hazardous substances according to RoHS 2002/95/EG
|Cable Type||LOOSE TUBE|
|Fiber Type||OS2 SINGLE-MODE|
Shipping and Fulfillment Policy
When you order products from Anixter.com, the order is processed within one to two business days. Orders received during non-business days are processed on the next business day.
You have several shipping options for parcel shipping depending on destination: standard ground 5 to 7 business days, 2 to 3 business days, or next business day.
Anixter.com orders ship to addresses Globally excluding PO Box addresses and limitations may apply to Military bases.
Anixter.com orders do not automatically ship outside of the country you place your order in, please contact your local Anixter sales representative to discuss your options for deliveries outside of the standard domestic region.
In addition, Anixter.com offers multiple shipping options for products that cannot be shipped via parcel shipping.
Some of these options are:
- Residential Delivery - A residential delivery charge applies to shipments to a home or private residence, including locations where a business is operated from a home, or to any shipment in which the shipper has designated the delivery address as a residence.
- Inside Delivery - When requested, freight carrier unloads shipments from or to areas that are not next to the trailer, such as shopping malls or office buildings. An elevator must be available to provide service to floors above or below the trailer.
- Tail-lift/HIAB - Freight carrier provides tail-lift/HIAB service, if needed, to load and unload a shipment when loading/unloading docks are not available.
- Limited Access Locations - A limited access location is a site where pickup or delivery is restricted or limited.
Shipping charges will apply and will reflect the options chosen.