Corning Cable Systems MIC Unitized Plenum Cables are designed for use in plenum, riser and general purpose environments for intrabuilding backbone installations. These multifiber cables use individually jacketed 900 µm TBII Buffered Fibers enabling e asy, consistent stripping and facilitating termination. The stranded subunits of six or 12 fibers allow quick and easy identification and are surrounded by dielectric strength members and protected by a flame-retardant outer jacket.
The all-dielectric cable construction requires no grounding or bonding, making these cables ideal for routing inside buildings including riser shafts, to the telecommunications rooms and workstations. The MIC Unitized Riser Cables meet the application requirements of the National Electrical Code (NEC) Article 770 and the ICEA S-83-596 test criteria. They are OFNP and FT-6 listed.
This cable is available in 12 different jacket colors - blue, orange, green, brown, slate, white, red, black, yellow, purple, rose and aqu a. The colored jacket allows for easy visual identification of the cables.
General Purpose Horizontal, Vertical Riser, Plenum
- 900 Micrometer Buffered Fibers Easy, Consistent Stripping
- Quick and Easy Identification
- All-Dielectric Construction Requires No Grounding or Bonding
- Flame-Retardant Jacket Rugged and Durable
Cable Type: Tight-Buffered
Fiber Category: 50 µm MM (OM4)
Flame Rating: Plenum (OFNP)
Product Type: Distribution
Fiber Count (cable): 144
Fibers per Subunit: 12
Number of Ripcords: 13
Number of Subunits Layer 1: 3
Number of S Layer 2: 9
Outer Jacket Color: Aqua
Outer Jacket Material: Flame-retardant
Subunit Central Element: Dielectric
Subunit Color: Aqua
Tensile Strength Elements and/or Armoring - Layer 1: Dielectric strength members
Tensile Strength Elements and/or Arng - Layer 2: Dielectric strength members
Tight Buffer Color Subunit, Layer 2: Brown, Slate, White, Red, Black, Yellow, Violet, Rose, Aqua
Tight buffer color subunit: Blue, Orange, Green
Max. Tensile Strengths, Long-Term (Metric): 200 N
Max. Tensile rengths, Long-Term (US): 45 lbf
Max. Tensile Strengths, Short-Term (Metric): 660 N
Max. Tensile Strengths, Short-Term (US): 150 lbf
Min. Bend Radius Installation (Metric): 356 mm
Min. Bend Radius Installation (US): 14 in
Min. Bend Radius Operation (ric): 237 mm
Min. Bend Radius Operation (US): 9.2 in
Nominal Outer Diameter (Metric-mm): 23.7 mm
Nominal Outer Diameter (US): 0.92 in
Weight (cable) (Metric): 489 kg/km
Weight (cable) (US): 328 lb/1000 ft
Temperature - Installation (Metric): 0 C t C
Temperature - Installation (US): 32 F to 140 F
Temperature - Operation (Metric): 0 C to 70 C
Temperature - Operation (US): 32 F to 158 F
Temperature - Storage (Metric): -40 C to 70 C
Temperature - Storage (US): -40 F to 158 F
Approval and Listings: National Electrical Code (NEC) OFNP, CSA FT-6, ICEA S-83-596; Flame Resistance: NFPA 262 (for plenum, riser and general building applications); Free of hazardous substances according to RoHS 2002/95/EG
|Cable Type||TIGHT BUFFERED|
|Fiber Type||OM4 LAZER-OPTIMIZED 50 MICRON, 10 GIG TO 550 METER|
Shipping and Fulfillment Policy
When you order products from Anixter.com, the order is processed within one to two business days. Orders received during non-business days are processed on the next business day.
You have several shipping options for parcel shipping depending on destination: standard ground 5 to 7 business days, 2 to 3 business days, or next business day.
Anixter.com orders ship to addresses Globally excluding PO Box addresses and limitations may apply to Military bases.
Anixter.com orders do not automatically ship outside of the country you place your order in, please contact your local Anixter sales representative to discuss your options for deliveries outside of the standard domestic region.
In addition, Anixter.com offers multiple shipping options for products that cannot be shipped via parcel shipping.
Some of these options are:
- Residential Delivery - A residential delivery charge applies to shipments to a home or private residence, including locations where a business is operated from a home, or to any shipment in which the shipper has designated the delivery address as a residence.
- Inside Delivery - When requested, freight carrier unloads shipments from or to areas that are not next to the trailer, such as shopping malls or office buildings. An elevator must be available to provide service to floors above or below the trailer.
- Tail-lift/HIAB - Freight carrier provides tail-lift/HIAB service, if needed, to load and unload a shipment when loading/unloading docks are not available.
- Limited Access Locations - A limited access location is a site where pickup or delivery is restricted or limited.
Shipping charges will apply and will reflect the options chosen.