The x4120-1048 is a 10 Gigabit Ethernet copper to fiber media converter. It offers conversion technology by providing one 10GBase-T RJ45 port and one pluggable 10GBase-X fiber SFP+ port. The open SFP+ port supports a wide variety of Transition Networks 10GE SFP+ fiber modules, as well as third party MSA compatible SFP+ modules. The x4120 provides several 10G Ethernet enterprise and data center connectivity solutions. Since most 10G Ethernet switches support a combination of copper RJ45 and open SFP + ports, the x4120 allows users to convert either of these ports to the media type of their preference to match their network requirements, including direct attached copper SFP+ cables. The stand-alone S4120 is an unmanaged device, until it is linked t o C4120 installed in a managed ION chassis, then remote in-band management of the S4120 is available
10 Gig Switch to switch, 10Gig Switch to server
- Transparent link pass through sends a link-loss signal over the fiber, instructing the remote converter to shut down the copper port, thus notifying the end device, while maintaining the fiber link between the two converters
- Auto-negotiation (802.3u)- Allows devices to perform automatic configuration to achieve the best possible mode of operation over a link
- AutoCross(TM)- Automatically detects and configures the twisted pair port on the converter to the correct MDI or MDI-X configuration
- Automatic link restoration- Transition Networks converters will automatically re-establish link in all network conditions
- Loopback: This feature puts a converter in a special mode that enables the device to loop back the signal from the RX port to the TX port on either media for testing and troubleshooting purposes
- Support remote in-band management and remote firmware upgrade when linked to a C4120 card installed in a managed ION chassis
- Fiber port supported standards- 10GBase-SR, 10GBase-LRM, 10GBase-LR, 10GBase-ER, 10GBase-ZR
- The open SFP+ port also supports- direct attached 10G copper. cable assemblies- both Class-I and Class-II fiber, SFP+ modules, SFP modules supporting. WDM technology
- Support 100 m on Cat6a or higher UTP
- Per energy efficient ethernet standards, IEEE 802.3az, UTP cable length is detected and power is adjusted according, to reduce power consumption on shorter UTP cable installs
Item: Copper to Fiber Media Converter With Power Supply
Data Rate: 10 Gbps
Status LEDs: PWR: On=Power is On; L/A SFP+ (Fiber Port Link And Activity Status): On=Link OK; Flashing=Link And Activity OK; Copper Link (Copper Link Status): On=Link OK;Copper Act: On=Activity OK
Dip Switches: Copper Loopback, Fiber Loopback, Transparent Link Pass Through
Power: External AC/DC Power Supply: Universal AC Input, 12 Volt DC, 1.6 Amp Output
Power Consumption: 10.5 Watt
Environmental Conditions: 0 to 50 deg C Orating Temperature; -15 to 65 deg C Storage Temperature; 5 - 95% Operating Humidity Non-Condensing; 0 - 10000 ft Altitude
MTBF With Power Supply: >41660 Hour (MIL-HDBK-217F), >114580 Hour (Bellcore)
MTBF Without Power Supply: >250000 Hour (MIL-HDBK-217F), >687000 Hour (Bellcore)
Port One: 10GBASE-T RJ45 100 m
Port Two: 10GBASE-X SFP+ Slot (Empty)
Dimension: 3.250 Inch Width x 6.500 Inch Depth x 1.000 Inch Height
IEEE802.3, IEEE 802.3an, IEEE 802.3ae, IEEE 802.3az, FCC Class A, EN55022 Class A, EN55024, CE Mark
|Port 1 Device Technology||10000BASE-T|
Shipping and Fulfillment Policy
When you order products from Anixter.com, the order is processed within one to two business days. Orders received during non-business days are processed on the next business day.
You have several shipping options for parcel shipping depending on destination: standard ground 5 to 7 business days, 2 to 3 business days, or next business day.
Anixter.com orders ship to addresses Globally excluding PO Box addresses and limitations may apply to Military bases.
Anixter.com orders do not automatically ship outside of the country you place your order in, please contact your local Anixter sales representative to discuss your options for deliveries outside of the standard domestic region.
In addition, Anixter.com offers multiple shipping options for products that cannot be shipped via parcel shipping.
Some of these options are:
- Residential Delivery - A residential delivery charge applies to shipments to a home or private residence, including locations where a business is operated from a home, or to any shipment in which the shipper has designated the delivery address as a residence.
- Inside Delivery - When requested, freight carrier unloads shipments from or to areas that are not next to the trailer, such as shopping malls or office buildings. An elevator must be available to provide service to floors above or below the trailer.
- Tail-lift/HIAB - Freight carrier provides tail-lift/HIAB service, if needed, to load and unload a shipment when loading/unloading docks are not available.
- Limited Access Locations - A limited access location is a site where pickup or delivery is restricted or limited.
Shipping charges will apply and will reflect the options chosen.