Download this Application Note which describes the preparation steps necessary to optimize the ANPR results with Bosch cameras.
A complete ANPR system performs the following steps:
- Capturing video images on the camera image sensor.
- Preprocessing of the image for optimal license plate detection.
- License plate detection and cropping.
- Processing the cropped license plate image for optimal character finding and recognition.
- Capturing the characters and recognizing the complete license plate code, optionally with country or state code an any additional information fields.
- Storing and processing the license plate code according to application-specific needs.
- Controlling access barriers.
And only step 1 is performed by the camera. The other steps are performed by the ANPR software system.