Access Control Systems, Trends, Drivers and Challenges
Trends and Drivers
- Vulnerabilities such as cloning credentials, insecure systems are causing organizations to look for for secure, mobile and biometric credentials and encrypted systems that can provide a higher level of security.
- Physical and logical access control is converging.
- Tighter compliance requirements around data, privacy and cybersecurity in general are driving the need for greater auditing and tracking capabilities within the access control system.
- Migration to secure systems.
- System Centralization.
- Integration with other security systems such as Video Surveillance, Intrusion and Fire Detection.
- Vulnerable and poorly integrated systems.
- Remote Accessibility.
For information on a secure Access Control system, click here.