SERVER TECHNOLOGY | CW-16HF1B452
Fail-Safe Transfer Switch CW-16HF1 120V 16x5-20R
The Sentry CW-16HF1 Fail-Safe TM provides fail-over redundancy to single or dual-power supply servers and network devices. Exclusive to the Sentry Switched Fail-Safe is its ability to carry loads on the A circuit, B circuit or both and to remotely manage the outlets. Similar, but unlike a common automatic transfer switch, the Sentry Switched Fail-Safe unit is unique in that it contains two (2) in-feeds and two (2) banks of eight (8) outlets each, for a total of 16 outlets across the two circuits. The "A" in-feed routinely powers just the A1-8 outlets, and the "B" in-feed routinely powers just the B1-8 outlets. However, if the "A" in-feed goes down, the "B" in-feed powers all 16 outlets and the same if the "B" in-feed goes down, the "A" infeed powers all the outlets.. This new "Fail-Safe" method has several advantages compared to a standard ATS because it does not prohibit load balancing between the two supplied circuits. A standard ATS contains two-in-feeds, but runs all outlets from just one source, with the secondary source only being used once an outage occurs on the capacity. This results in less heat, less resistance, and consequently less of a voltage drop compared to the same load existing on just one source. Only when an outage occurs on one of the two sources will the entire load be applied to a single source. NOTE - This transfer switch requires that the applied AC waveform from both power sources be in-phase with respect to each other.
- Communications: 10/100 BaseT Ethernet; HTTP/HTTPS; SSLv3/TLSv1; SNMPv2; SSHv2; Telnet; LDAPv3/LDAPS; TACACS+; RS-232 (Serial)
- Branch Circuit Protection: Compliant to UL 60905-1
- Accessories: Temperature & Humidity Probe - EMTH-1-1 Temperature & Humidity Probe, 10 ft (3 m) - EMCU-1-1B add 2 additional Temperature & Humidity ports, 4 contact-closure monitoring ports and 1 water sensor port - EMWS-1-1 Water Sensor
- Remote Power Control - Individual or group outlet remote power control to cycle power and reboot any selected server(s) or other network device(s). Use TCP/IP (HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, Telnet, SNMP) or RS-232 to communicate with each Sentry Cabinet PDU and rectify locked-up network devices. Assign outlets to a group for control of dual-power supply servers and other gear with a single command. Create an unlimited number of groups with any combination of outlets associated to each group. Reduce Mean Time to Repair (MTTR) a failing server by controlling individual power outlet receptacles to reboot any selected server or other device.
- HTTP/HTTPs Web Configuration & Control - Use the Sentry Web interface to configure each unit, including network settings, outlet naming & grouping, SNMP traps for environmental & power thresholds and firmware updates. Also use the Web interface to control individual or group outlets and monitor key values, including amperage load(s), temperature/humidity and other environmental conditions. SSL security provides a secure HTTPs connection. Environmental monitoring is applicable only with the additional purchase of the EMTH-1-1 or EMCU-1-1.
- SNMP Management & Event Notification - The Sentry family of products supports the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP). This allows network management systems to use SNMP requests to retrieve information and control power for the individual outlets. The Sentry includes an SNMP v1 agent supporting standard MIB I and MIB II objects. A private enterprise MIB extension (Sentry3 MIB) is also supported to provide remote power control. SNMP traps can be generated for various events, including Input Current Load Thresholds (min & max), Temperature Thresholds (min & max), Humidity Thresholds (min & max), water indication, closed contacts (cabinet doors open/close), as well as notification of any time an outlet status is changed (on/off). SNMP traps for temperature and environmental conditions require additional purchase of the EMTH -1-1 or EMCU-1-1 accessory.
- Add a Second Tower - Connect an Expansion Cabinet PDU (CX) to any Switched
Outlets: (16) NEMA 5-20R
Available InputVoltages: 100-120 V AC 50/60 Hz
Rated Amperage: 30A
Available Input Cord: (2) NEMA L5-30P Cord Sets 10ft (3M)
Dimensions(L x W x D): 17.2 x 3.50 x 10.0 in.(437 x 89 x 254 mm)
cTUVus UL 60950-1-2003
CAN/CSA 22.2 No. 60950-1:2003
FCC Class A, Part 15
EMC-EN 55022 Class A, EN 55024
Shipping and Fulfillment Policy
When you order products from Anixter.com, the order is processed within one to two business days. Orders received during non-business days are processed on the next business day.
You have several shipping options for parcel shipping: standard ground 5 to 7 business days, 2 to 3 business days, or next business day.
Anixter.com orders ship to addresses within Mexico. Anixter.com orders do not currently ship to addresses outside Mexico or military/government APO/FPO locations. We are also not able to ship to Post Office Box addresses. If you wish to ship to an address outside Mexico or a military/government location, please contact your local Anixter sales representative to discuss your options.
In addition, Anixter.com offers Less-Than-A-Truckload “LTL” option for products that cannot be shipped via parcel shipping. For products that will be shipped via LTL, you will be provided with a set of Accessorials to select from to provide Anixter with additional shipping considerations, such as residential delivery, inside delivery, liftgate or limited access.
- Residential Delivery - A residential delivery charge applies to shipments to a home or private residence, including locations where a business is operated from a home, or to any shipment in which the shipper has designated the delivery address as a residence.
- Inside Delivery - When requested, freight carrier unloads shipments from or to areas that are not next to the trailer, such as shopping malls or office buildings. An elevator must be available to provide service to floors above or below the trailer.
- Liftgate - Freight carrier provides liftgate service, if needed, to load and unload a shipment when loading/unloading docks are not available.
- Limited Access Locations - A limited access location is a site where pickup or delivery is restricted or limited.
Shipping charges are calculated based on the shipping option you select, and is prepaid by you at the time of shipment.