Enables enterprises to provide power to network devices over the existing CAT5 data connection. Transition’s AC powered PoE media converters combine data received over a fiber optic link with -48 Volt DC power; providing power to Data Terminal Equipmen t (DTE) Power Devices (PD) over unshielded twisted pair cable. The PoE converters are Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE) and are fully compatible with Powered Devices (PD) that comply with the IEEE802.3af: 2003 standard. The converters also include a PD si gnature sensing and power monitoring features per the IEEE 802.3af standard. Other features include over-current protection, under-current detection and fault protection input. This feature enhanced model offers the ability to enable/disable many of th e features as well as force port capabilities (see switch section under specifications to the right). In addition, with the PSE/LPT switch enabled, a loss of Fiber RX will disable PSE power output on the UTP port for 2 sec to allow remote device to re- initialize. (Also known as powered device reset.) The PoE converter is fully compatible with devices that comply with the IEEE802.3af standard. The PoE converter is capable of inserting power on data pairs or spare pair of the MDI
This part is discontinued by supplier with no suggested replacement.
Power Over Cat5 to Remotely Located Devices
- External AC power supply
- IEEE802.3af power-over-ethernet compatible
- 48 Volt DC PSE output voltage
- Signal pair or spare pair power insertion
- PD detection signature
- Over-current protection and under-current detection
- Powered device reset
- Switch selectable features and port settings
- Minimum load sensing
- Fault protection input
- Auto-negotiation (802.3u) - Allows devices to perform automatic configuration to achieve the best possible mode of operation over a link
- AutoCross(TM)- Automatically detects and configures the twisted pair port on the converter to the correct MDI or MDI-X configuration
- Link pass through- Is a troubleshooting feature that allows the media converter to monitor both the fiber and copper RX ports for loss of signal
- Far End Fault (FEF) - A troubleshooting feature that is generally used in conjunction with link pass through to notify both end devices of a loss of link
- Automatic link restoration- Transition Networks converters will automatically re-establish link in all network conditions
Item: Power-Over-Ethernet PSE Media Converter
Single-mode: Min TX PWR: -15.0 dBm, Max TX PWR: -8.0 dBm, RX Sensitivity: -31.0 dBm, Max In PWR: -8.0 dBm, Link Budget: 16.0 dB
Switches: Auto-Negotiation On/Off, Speed TP: Force 10 Mbps or 100 Mbps, Duplex TP: Force Half or Full-Duplex, Duplex Fiber: Half or Full-Duplex, AutoCross(TM) On/Off, PSE On/Off, PSE/LPT On/Off
Maximum Packet Size: 1522 Bytes (Untagged), 1518 Bytes (Tagged)
Power: 90 - 250 Volt AC External Power Supply
Power Consumption: 20 Wat Maximum
Environmental Conditions: 0 to 40 deg C (32 to 104 deg F) Operating Temperature; -25 to 85 deg C (-13 to 185 deg F) Storage Temperature; 5 - 95% Humidity Non-Condensing; 0 - 10000 ft Altitude
Port One: 10/100BASE-TX (RJ45) [100 m/328 ft]
PortTwo: 100BASE-FX 1310 nm Single-mode (SC) [20 km/12.4 mi]
Dimension: 3.250 Inch Wdith x 4.800 Inch Depth x 1.000 Inch Height
IEEE Std. 802.3, IEEE Std. 802.3af, Compliance- EN55022-1994+A1-1996+A2-1997 Class A, FCC Part 15 Subpart B, UL 1950
|Port 1 Device Technology||10/100BASE-TX|
Shipping and Fulfillment Policy
When you order products from Anixter.com, the order is processed within one to two business days. Orders received during non-business days are processed on the next business day.
You have several shipping options for parcel shipping: standard ground 5 to 7 business days, 2 to 3 business days, or next business day.
Anixter.com orders ship to addresses within Mexico. Anixter.com orders do not currently ship to addresses outside Mexico or military/government APO/FPO locations. We are also not able to ship to Post Office Box addresses. If you wish to ship to an address outside Mexico or a military/government location, please contact your local Anixter sales representative to discuss your options.
In addition, Anixter.com offers Less-Than-A-Truckload “LTL” option for products that cannot be shipped via parcel shipping. For products that will be shipped via LTL, you will be provided with a set of Accessorials to select from to provide Anixter with additional shipping considerations, such as residential delivery, inside delivery, liftgate or limited access.
- Residential Delivery - A residential delivery charge applies to shipments to a home or private residence, including locations where a business is operated from a home, or to any shipment in which the shipper has designated the delivery address as a residence.
- Inside Delivery - When requested, freight carrier unloads shipments from or to areas that are not next to the trailer, such as shopping malls or office buildings. An elevator must be available to provide service to floors above or below the trailer.
- Liftgate - Freight carrier provides liftgate service, if needed, to load and unload a shipment when loading/unloading docks are not available.
- Limited Access Locations - A limited access location is a site where pickup or delivery is restricted or limited.
Shipping charges are calculated based on the shipping option you select, and is prepaid by you at the time of shipment.