- A better user experience: Eliminates inter-cell interference and handovers to ensure uniform, high-quality voice service and faster data rates.
- Simple and economical: OneCell is deployed over standard Ethernet switches and cabling.
It does not require complex configuration or radio frequency planning.
- Greater capacity via cell virtualization: Using a technique pioneered by CommScope, multiple users can share the same frequencies, effectively multiplying system capacity —a 5G-like benefit available in LTE today!
- Macro- and core-network friendly: Streamlines communication to core network and neighboring macro cells for improved performance and easier deployment.
- Future-ready: Supports LTE Advanced features via software upgrade. Enables operators to add capacity and coverage without disruption.
C-RAN Small Cells
Leverage outstanding LTE for public venues and large enterprises.
Mobile network operators must meet the growing demand for indoor LTE service. Traditional “standalone” small cells work well in small offices, but when densely deployed across large spaces, they create cell border interference and handovers, degrading the user experience.
Using a Cloud RAN (C-RAN) architecture, OneCell® consists of a baseband controller and multiple radio points that form a single “super cell”—eliminating handovers and interference across large areas. This solution delivers superior LTE performance for enterprises and public venues at dramatically lower deployment costs.
Features and Benefits
- BC-W2001 - OneCell® Baseband Controller 2000 Controller Module
- RP-A2014 - OneCell® Radio Point 2000 - Americas 1 Radio, 3 Bands, Internal
- RP-A2114 - OneCell® Ruggedized Radio Point 2000-Americas 1 Radio, 3 Bands, External 4.3-10 DIN antenna
- RP-I2014 - OneCell® Radio Point 2000 - International 1 Radio, 3 Bands, Internal
- RP-I2114 - OneCell® Ruggedized Radio Point 2000-International 1 Radio, 3 Bands, External 4.3-10 DIN antenna ports
To ensure accurate, optimal configuration parameters and reduced total cost of ownership, CommScope’s Device Management System (DMS) automates provisioning and ongoing support for OneCell deployments.