New CommScope eBook Takes the Mystery Out of Building
and Designing Data Centers
HICKORY, N.C. - September 12, 2016. CommScope, a leader in communications network infrastructure solutions, has introduced a go-to resource for planning and designing data centers around the world. The Connected and Efficient Data Center eBook – includes tips and insights to demystify technology and untangle the complexities in building data centers.
“There are so many decisions to make when building and designing a data center, from the physical layer infrastructure to the network applications themselves,” said Ernie Pickens, senior vice president of enterprise provider solutions at CommScope. “Stored data is growing by 40 percent every year, and data centers need to meet the demand now and in the future. Our eBook helps navigate every step in the data center evolution process.”
The Connected + Efficient Data Center
The eBook covers 10 subjects, providing a holistic view of data center design and challenges along the way.
Chapter topics include:
- Data center standards: Discussion around the most recent application and cabling standards.
- Multitenant data centers (MTDC): Service capabilities and infrastructure to look for in a multitenant data center.
- Higher-speed migration: The importance of fiber infrastructure and being prepared to migrate to higher speeds as bandwidth grows. It also discusses the impact of new technologies like shortwave wavelength division multiplexing, wideband multimode fiber and PAM-4 on fiber migration.
- Data center architecture: Ensuring that the physical layer is optimized around your data center architecture.
- Multi-source agreements: The latest updates on new and emerging optics for the data center.
- Fiber selection: designing the data center infrastructure with the correct fiber type to match design, grow and budget objectives.
- Optical distribution frames: Options for managing fiber connectivity in an ultra-dense, fiber rich data center.
- Fiber TAPs: Designing your data center for real time application monitoring.
- Data center infrastructure management (DCIM): the holistic approach to managing the entire data center and preparing for future demand.
- Automated infrastructure management(AIM): comprehensive end-to-end physical layer management.
eBook chapters are based on decades of experience in the field and innovation in the lab. Complete a brief registration to accessThe Connected and Efficient Data Center eBook, which is available for free on PCs, or through an app on tablets or smartphones.