PoE++ Changing Lanes on Intelligent Transportation
Smart cities, a rapidly expanding phenomenon, are rolling out Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) initiatives to improve quality and management of transportation as well as operational efficiencies and financial sustainability. The integration of technology into transportation systems has a substantial impact on all transportation methods for people and products.
The current shift to hyper-urbanisation has caused more and more cities to look to newer technologies to integrate into their current infrastructures that will allow for smart applications such as, traffic measurement & monitoring, parking guidance & information, dynamic digital signs, automatic licence plate recognition, traffic violation monitoring and road de-icing systems. These systems use a variety of devices, but PoE++ devices are changing how people implement these applications.
Transition Networks’ coming soon Self-Enclosed Managed Hardened Gigabit Ethernet PoE++ Switch is ideal for use in these applications.
- It can be mounted on a wall or side of a building, or optional brackets are available for mounting on a pole.
- The switch provides 60 Watts of power per port simultaneously on all four ports or up to 90 Watts on individual ports (not to exceed 240 Watts total).
- All versions are equipped with Near Field Communication (NFC) to allow simple and repeatable configuration of the switch using a user-friendly app on a mobile device prior to connecting or powering up the switch.
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) allows remote access to alarm information or to read or change equipment settings without requiring physical access using ladders or scissor lifts.
- The switch also incorporates integrated management software for setup, monitoring and control of connected devices.
- This small switch has the power to meet the needs of any smart network while also providing you the ability to save time and money by eliminating costly truck rolls.
Network professionals, integrators, and resellers need to address the growing movement of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) and respond with ways to improve quality and management of transportation while maximizing return on investment. Transition Networks’ line of PoE/PoE+/PoE++ products allows them to achieve that.