Proxim Introduces Tsunami Cross Point XP-10100
The first wireless solution that combines 5 GHz Point to Multipoint last mile access with 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi Access Point.
Silicon Valley, CA, September 6, 2016 - Proxim Wireless Corporation, a pioneer and global leader in advanced Wi-Fi, wireless carrier infrastructure and IoT 3.0 applications, introduces to the market the XP-10100-SUA, a subscriber unit in a Point to MultiPoint system with an integrated ORiNOCO® WiFi AP.
Following on the release of Proxim's new high capacity 10100 series of Base Stations (BSU) and subscriber units, Proxim is announcing the Tsunami® XP-10100-SUA. This is a dual radio product, with one radio operating the Proxim WORP® protocol for connectivity to the Base Station, and the second radio supporting standard WiFi connectivity for client devices such as smart phones, tablets, PCs etc. The WORP radio offers up to 867Mbps data rate connection to the BSU, while the built in AP offers up to 300Mbps of WiFi connectivity and supports industry standard Hotspot 2.0. This entire dual radio solution is packaged into Proxim's small, 9.8"x8.7"x2.8" (250 x 220 x 72 mm) IP67 rated ruggedized enclosure. As with all Tsunami Subscriber units, the XP not only supports a built in ORiNOCO AP, but offers a PoE out port that can supply power and connectivity to third party devices such as video security cameras.
"The XP-10100 addresses key challenges in wireless infrastructure and carrier hot spots today. Challenges such as power, backhaul, and real estate constraints are solved with a clean, single small form factor subscriber unit which can also power third party devices (cameras), backhaul for small cells, and provide WiFi access," said Greg Marzullo, President and CEO of Proxim Wireless. "When the XP is deployed for video surveillance backhaul, enterprise connectivity, mining, port and other rugged outdoor connectivity applications, WiFi can be added to the network with no extra cost. This enables Hotspot WiFi access as well as WiFi access to the Proxim network itself for configuration and monitoring in the field."
World Class Performance
- Point-to-Point system that delivers 866 Mbps data rate and covers distances up to 10 miles (16 km).
- 802.11b/g/n Access Point that delivers 300 Mbps data rate.
- Dual IPv4 and IPv6 stack for evolution to tomorrow’s networks.
- Triple level login with monitoring, simplified or advanced web interface.
- Built-in feature rich network protocols for bridging, routing and gateway functionality.
- High Speed Mobility up to 185 mph (295 km/h).
Near-Line-of-Sight and Advanced Features
- Features dual Gigabit Ethernet ports with PoE out to power other devices such as surveillance cameras or additional radios.
- Performs deep packet inspection (DPI) to create unique and sophisticated service rules and tiered service classes with ease.
- BSU redundancy (500 milliseconds switch over time) and Dynamic Channel Selection to ensure continuity of services whatever the condition.
- Spectrum analyzer to analyze frequency bands for interference, and select the best available channel.
- Multi-SSID with VLAN allocation, plus Ethernet port access and trunk mode.
- Implements AES encryption and Radius authentication for the most secure outdoor wireless communications in the unlicensed frequency spectrum.
- Utilizes Proxim’s Wireless Outdoor Routing Protocol (WORP®), which prevents snooping, and features highly-secure remote management
via SSL/TLS1.2, SSH and SNMPv3.
- Features Ethernet ports with pass-through IEEE 1588v2 synchronization and support for 9k Jumbo frame.
Product Line Compatibility
- Connects to all existing Tsunami® MP-10100, MP-8200 and MP-820 base stations.
- Fully integrates within ProximVision® Advanced Cloud Based Carrier Management System and Controller.
Proxim WORP®, a highly evolved QoS platform tailored to deliver voice, video and data applications.
Proxim ClearConnect™, a suite of over 13 different techniques all working together to ensure robust and reliable radio communications in noisy deployments.
Proxim FastConnect™, a High Speed Mobility solution for Buses, Trains, Metros and Ferries.
IEEE 802.11b/g/n standard with Wi-Fi Alliance improvement.