Corning’s Solutions For Harsh Environments
Corning LANscape® solutions for harsh environments offer the ideal ruggedized product portfolio necessary to endure
the environmental and mechanical rigors prevalent in oil & gas infrastructures.
More and more, the oil and gas markets are turning to fiber optics for a number of applications. The advantages of larger bandwidths in a smaller footprint is saving space, weight and installation time. The monitoring reliability for equipment performance, oil reserve levels and environmental conditions make fibre optics an attractive option. Corning offers many products to assist in the procurement of natural resources.
Keeping the network up and running in harsh environments requires more than just properly protecting the cabling from
the elements. Product availability and lead time is critical.
Corning harsh cables are available and easy to use. As the most stocked fibre offering on the market, choosing products manufactured by Corning reduces lead times and expedites scheduling and permitting.
Next to that Corning is launching two lines of brand new Fibre Optical Cables for Oil&Gas applications:
- Indoor/Outdoor Oil Resistant Armoured Cable
Corning Oil Resistant loose tube, triple-jacket, cables with polyamide overcoat, designed for indoor/outdoor use where resistance against hydrocarbons such as oil and gas as well as resistance against termites is required.
- Indoor/Outdoor Oil Resistant Light Armoured Cable
Corning Oil Resistant light armoured loose tube, triple-jacket, cables with polyamide overcoat are designed for indoor/outdoor use where resistance against hydrocarbons such as oil and gas, as well as resistance against termites
is requiredquired and enables indoor/outdoor usage and installation along pipe lines.
- up to 30% wider temperature range than comparable steel wire armoured (SWA) cable
- up to 50% higher tensile strength during installation
- up to 50% reduction in weight compared to standard SWA cables
- 100% halogen-free jacket materials emit no toxic gases
Ask for a Sample
Register for a FREE sample of Corning Indoor/Outdoor Oil Resistant Armoured Cable.
Please complete the form below to obtain your free sample! (in EMEA only)
Corning's Buy-Back Program - Promo
On all the above listed Indoor/Outdoor Oil Resistant Armoured cables, Corning is pleased to offer a Buy Back Program through Anixter.
Additional Supporting Documents
- Cable Jacket Guide for Harsh Environment Applications.
The information is being provided to better understand the applications and specific characteristics of individual cables
at a quick glance.
- Harsh Environment Applications.
- Harsh Environment Applications with Corning Codes divided per type of applications: Oil&Gas, Mining, Manufacturing, Transportation, Energy Utilities.