OPTEX®, an Anixter Technology Alliance Partner, leading sensor manufacturer for over 30 years, provides high performance detection and video analytics systems for security, safety and business applications. Ranging from infra-red and microwave to laser and fibre optic, OPTEX's smart sensing technologies help detect intruders, obstacles, static and thrown objects as well as piggybacking and tailgating situations. Using video analytics, OPTEX’s people counting solution features multi-directional in and out count and flow analysis. Integrating seamlessly with most CCTV and VMS platforms, OPTEX intrusion detection systems offers customisable and reliable multi-layered security approach to protect critical infrastructure, transportation, commercial and industrial sites, data centres and VIP residences.
OPTEX Opens German Office to Support Local Channel Partners
OPTEX has opened a new office in Offenbach, Germany to better support its network of distributors and system integrators in Germany, Austria and Switzerland (DACH) region.
OPTEX to Extend Its New Laser Range And Certification Program
OPTEX has announced the global roll out of its laser sensor RLS-2020S, complementing its next-generation REDSCAN mini sensor that features a 20x20m detection range.
OPTEX Battery Powered Outdoor Sensors
Find out more about our battery powered sensors and how to connect them to your wireless alarm panel.
Managing PTZ Presets Without Losing Track with OPTEX IP Sensors
Optex laser scanners and most of our REDWALL SIP-IP models provide a number of independent detection zones to drive camera pre-sets.
New Redscan RLS 2020 Series
OPTEX Europe have launched a series of short-range laser scanners to protect smaller perimeters, buildings and assets.
New Generation of Indoor Laser Scanner
Optex introduces the new REDSCAN RLS-2020I, an indoor IP/PoE laser scan detector providing 20x20 m vertical or horizontal detection area.
Understanding the Benefits of Fibre Optic PIDS
Watch the video about the fibre optic intrusion detection from Fiber SenSys Inc, an OPTEX group company.
Optex FMX - New Indoor Sensor Series
FMX - the new indoor sensor series with remote LED control is now available.
- OPTEX Battery Powered Outdoor Sensors
Combining OPTEX battery powered outdoor sensors with your preferred wireless alarm panel to create a seamless wireless security system.
- Rapid Redfiber Kit Installation Guide
- Rapid Redfiber Series
Two-zone fibre-optic perimeter intrusion detection system kits.
- Securing Data Centres
Data centres should be secure to avoid intrusion, unauthorised access and attempt to tamper with data or equipment. The linked Optex brochure shows how you can secure the data centre against these risks.
- Multi-Layered Intrusion and Obstacle Detection Systems For Perimeter, Site, People and Asset Protection
The 2015 OPTEX catalogue focusing on intrusion and obstacle detection systems for commercial and high-end security applications is now available.
- Optex Compact Outdoor Detector Fit Series
Not only for a garden but also for a balcony. Not only for a wall side but also an area protection. Not only for a daytime but also for night time.
- Understanding the Benefits of Fibre Optic PIDS
For high security sites, it is important to rely on a high performance perimeter intrusion detection system (PIDS) that can be calibrated to ignore nuisance vibrations, but not miss alarms, and can provide a long lasting system with minimum maintenance cost. The fibre optic intrusion detection from Fiber SenSys Inc, an OPTEX group company, does just that.
A video has been created to explain how these fence and wall sensors work.
- OPTEX Accurance 3D Piggybacking and Tailgating Detection System
For high security access control where only one authorised person should go through at the time, Accurance 3D will detect any attempt of piggybacking or tailgating. The solutions is not affected by any lighting condition and uses an innovative technology to model the scene in 3D, and colour code the height making it easier to analyse it and differentiate between people and object.
- Securing Data Centres with OPTEX Solutions
OPTEX sensing technologies can help protect each layer of a data centre, from detecting intruders breaking in through the perimeter of the site or roofs or floor void, to analysing unauthorised access inside the building.
- November 2015
Piggybacking detection system released - OPTEX PEU resistors - Technical partnership with ela-soft
- October 2015
Test report on iVISION wireless intercom system - OPTEX at Axis Partner Showcase- Solving false alarm issue
- September 2015
FMX New Indoor Sensor Series; REDWALL PIR Group Test Results and Accurance 3D Piggybacking Detection Nomiated for the French Security Awards
- August 2015: In the August issue read how REDSCANs protect Medical Marijuana Greenhouse, what offers the new RAPID REDFIBER series and about HX-40DAM dual tech sensor.
REDSCANs Protect Medical Marijuana Greenhouse; New Fibre Optic PIDS Kits and Highlight on Dual Tech HX-40DAM sensor
- July 2015: In the July issue read how by adding outdoor sensors can help prevent and deter break-ins; how Accurance 3D can add an intelligent tailgating and piggybacking detection solution and how to protect the building roof from being an easy way in.
Early Intruder Detection to Prevent Break-ins; Tailgating detection and Roof/Ceiling protection
- June 2015: This June issue features an update on the roll-out of railway crossing obstacle detection systems based on laser technology with 60 level crossings already installed in the UK; the availbility of the iVISION+ intercom system in EMEA and an overview on OPTEX's battery-powered outdoor sensors.
Railway Crossing Safety System Roll-out and Overview on Wire-Free Sensors
- May 2015: This May issue features the launch of OPTEX's new wireless intercom system, iVISION+, the overview on OPTEX's infrared beam line-up and the IFSEC 2015 preview.
OPTEX’s New Wireless Intercom System and IFSEC Preview
- April 2015: This April issue features the launch of OPTEX's new range of beam towers suitable for all its Dual and Quad beam sensors, the video on how to protect data centres using multi-layered security systems and OPTEX touring in South Africa in May and June 2015.
OPTEX’s New Range of Infrared Beam Towers to Offer More Flexibility and Security
- March 2015: This March issue features the reason why a fiber 25 zones PIDS was chosen to protect a 1.25km fenced perimeter; some preview information on the wireless Intercom system that OPTEX is about to release and some details on the outdoor PIRs serie well suited for window protection.
Fibre PIDS Protects Multi-National Manufacturer's Perimeter
- February 2015: The OPTEX EMEA February 2015 newsletter features a special insight on how OPTEX can secure data centres against intrusion and unauthorised access, the story of a logistics company deploying over 30 sensors to stop the theft of diesel and metal and why OPTEX new piggybacking detection solution has been nominated for the Benchmark Innovation Awards.
Securing Data Centre from the Perimeter to the Data Cable
- January 2015: The OPTEX EMEA January 2015 newsletter features an interview of two OPTEX members about the evolution of smart sensors, the story of a business park being protected by an electronic security system includinhg nine laser sensors used in conjunction with Avigilon VMS and a Q&A about using OPTEX Quad infrared beams.
Sensing Systems Are Getting Smarter to Bring Value to End-Users