- 802.11b/g/n Access Point that delivers 300 Mbps data rate,
- Point-to-Point Backhaul that delivers 866 Mbps data rate at distances of over 5 miles (8 km),
- Very low latency of 2 to 3 ms to support voice and video applications over long distances,
- Dual IPv4 and IPv6 stack for transparent evolution to tomorrow networks,
- Built-in feature rich network protocols for bridging, routing and gateway functionality,
- Highly Secure: implements AES encryption and Radius authentication for secure outdoor wireless communications,
- Secure management (SSL, SSH and SNMPv3) preventing unwanted configuration changes,
- Features dual Gigabit Ethernet ports with PoE out to power other devices such as surveillance cameras or additional radios,
- Carrier-Grade Backhaul: features Ethernet ports with IEEE 1588v2 synchronization
and support for Jumbo frames,
- HotSpot2.0 rev2, allowing seamless roaming between cellular network and WiFi access.
ORiNOCO QB 9100- High Capacity Backhaul
with Integrated Access Point
ORiNOCO® Quickbridge® 9100 takes advantage of Proxim’s expertise in both Wi-Fi and long haul point-to-point systems
to deliver a 2.4 GHz Access Point with a built-in 5 GHz high capacity backhaul solution.
- Rapid Network Deployment: automates configuration processes for faster, more efficient deployment of Proxim Wireless networks,
- Advanced Configuration Capabilities: gives network managers an option for exhaustive device configuration
with a software-based tool,
- Greater Ease of Use and Upgradability: supports a greater number of devices than competitively priced solutions
and provides the simplest path to configuration and upgrade.
Designed to meet the connectivity needs of:
- Cellular Operators: Due to burgeoning demand for mobile data, cellular carriers are both installing small cell networks which require backhaul and seeking to offload data from the cellular network to other connectivity technologies, including Wi-Fi. The ORiNOCO QB-9100 products address both of these issues. With its very high throughput (866 Mbps data rate), jumbo frame support, and IEEE 1588v2 synchronization, the QB-9100 products provide all needed features and capacity for backhauling cellular small cells. Moreover, its integrated 802.11n access point enables the offload of data traffic from the cellular network to a Wi-Fi network. As a result, this single product can both reduce the data load on the cellular network by enabling Wi-Fi offload and also backhaul that Wi-Fi traffic together with the collocated small cell traffic.
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) and Video Security Deployments: The QB-9100 products, like Proxim’s other Tsunami QuickBridge products, are ideal for ITS and video security applications with their high data rate and low latency. In addition to the powerful feature set of Proxim’s point-to-point products, the QB-9100 products allow secure Wi-Fi access to the network at the QB-9100 remote end point. This ability to connect to the network not only from the control center but also in the field allows network administrators and users to access the network data and video in real time in the street close to where it is needed without adding extra devices on already crowded street poles.
- Wi-Fi HotSpot/Network Deployments: When deploying an outdoor access point or network, a significant challenge often is how to provide network access to the remote access point. QB-9100 products provide an easy way to reach remote locations and provide high quality “Carrier WiFi” without the need for multiple devices. A single device can both enable the Wi-Fi HotSpot and backhaul the HotSpot data to the network. Moreover, the very high throughput backhaul allows extra services to be offered at the remote location (such as a video camera for customer protection).
Related Part Numbers:
QB-9100-WD, ORiNOCO® QB-9100, MIMO 2x2, 802.11g/n AP with link, 867 Mbps, MIMO 2x2, Type-N Connectors – WD PoE
Anixter PN 670871
QB-9150-WD, ORiNOCO® QB-9150, MIMO 2x2, 802.11g/n AP with link, 867 Mbps, MIMO 2x2, 22 dBi panel – WD PoE