TE Connectivity solution improves speed and simplifies installation, powering, and communication with small cells, Wi-Fi access points, security cameras and other DC powered devices. Hybrid fiber/copper cabling and a remote powering unit corrects for DC line loss, reduces the need for local utility negotiations and is NEC Class II and SELV compliant.
TE Connectivity has developed a solution that combines power and optical fiber communications into one system, eliminating the hassles and extra expense associated with powering typical low-power network devices.
Powered Fiber Cable System
Complete “rack to device” solution for powering and communicating with HD cameras, Wi-Fi hotspots, small cell and other network devices.
- Security cameras
- Wi-Fi access points
- Wireless network small cells
- Optical network terminals
- Digital signage
- Additional devices needing PoE or PoE+ signal
- NEC Class II DC power supply
- Hybrid optical fiber and copper cabling with outdoor and indoor/outdoor versions
- Incorporates DC/DC conversion technology to eliminate DC line powering calculations
- Primary, secondary, and tertiary electrical protection
- Media converter for delivering PoE and PoE+ capability
- SELV and NEC Class II compliant
The TE Powered Fiber Cable System is a hybrid fiber/ copper system that installs like a “long extension cord” and is comprised of the following system elements:
- Hybrid Cable
- PoE Extender
- Safety & Overload Protection
- Power Supply
- Power Transmission Management
- Cable/Fiber Management
- Greatly speeds up planning by eliminating DC electrical calculations for voltage/power drop over varying distances,
- Up to 32 devices simultaneously from one power supply,
- Carrier grade electrical protection,
- NEC Class II and SELV compliant,
- Allows for placing devices exactly where they are needed to maximize coverage.
Calculator - Digital Tool
To determine the Maximum Distance and Input Voltage options for the Powered Fiber Cable System try our custom calculator.
PoE Extender - System Component
Designed to simply and easily function with the powered fiber cable system to extend the distance of PoE (Power over Ethernet) enabled devices up to 30 times greater than CAT solutions.
Optical Cable - System Component
The cable combines electrical power conductors and optical fiber into an easy access cable package which requires no special tools for rapid deployment.
Combiner Panel - System Component
Allows separation and management of hybrid cable power and fiber elements at the central power supply rack location to maximize utilization.