Rack mount up to 4 stand-alone media converters in one convenient un-powered shelf.
- Auto-Negotiation (802.3u) (Copper & Fiber)Allows devices to perform automatic configuration to achieve the best possible mode of operation over a link.
- Transparent Link Pass ThroughTransparent Link Pass Through sends a link-loss signal over the fiber, instructing the remote converter to shut down the copper portthus notifying the end devicewhile maintaining the fiber link between the two converters.
- Automatic Link RestorationTransition Networks's converters will automatically re-establish link in all network conditions.
- Remote Fault Detect
- Remote Fault Detect (RFD) is a trouble shooting feature found on Gigabit Ethernet copper-to-fiber media converters. By enabling Remote Fault Detect on the remotely located media converter, the status of the fiber link will be monitored and any link failures will be reported back to the local converter. Should the remote converter lose its fiber RX signal, Remote Fault Detect will force the converter to shut down its fiber TX port. If Link Pass Though is enabled on both ends, then the copper ports will also be shut down to notify both end devices of the link failure.
- Enable Remote Fault Detect on the remote device
- Local end-device will be notified of remote fiber RX loss
- LoopbackThis feature puts a converter in a special mode that enables the device to loop back the signal from the RX port to the TX port on either media for testing and troubleshooting purposes.
- Pause (IEEE 802.3xy)Pause signaling is an IEEE feature that temporarily suspends data transmission between two devices in the event that one of the devices becomes overwhelmed.
- Remote Firmware Upgrade
- DMI - Diagnostic Monitoring Interface(supported on CGETF1040-110 when an SFP supporting DMI is used.)DMI models have four functions:Transmit PowerReceive PowerTransmit bias currentTemperatureWithin each function, the device will send a trap (i.e. error) whenever a high or low warning event or a high or low alarm event occurs (for a total of 16 traps).
- Port One: 1000BASE-T (RJ45) [100 m/328 ft.]
- Single-mode.Warranty: Lifetime
- Single-mode.Shipping Weight: 1 lb. [0.45 kg]
- Single-mode.Status Leds: PWR (Power): ON=connection to external AC power LKF (Fiber Link): ON=fiber connection RXC (Copper Receie): Flashing=Receiving data on copper link
- ON=Copper Link connection Duplex: ON=Copper Link connection
- Single-mode.Power Consumption: 5.4 watts
- Port Two: 1000BASE-SX 850nm multimode (SC) [62.5/125 m: 220 m/722 ft.
- 50/125 m: 550 m/1804 ft.]
- Singmode.Dimensions: Width: 0.86" [22 mm] Depth: 5.0" [127 mm] Height: 3.4" [86 mm]
- Single-mode.Environment: See chassis specifications
- Single-mode.6-Position Switch: SW1: Remote Fiber Fault Detect (Down=Enabled) SW2: Symmetric Pause SW3: Asymmetric Pause SW4: Transparent Link Pass Through (UP=Enabled) SW5: Fiber Auto-Negotiation (Down=Enabled) SW6: Loopback (Down=Enabled)
- Single-mode.3-Position Jumper: Hardware: Converter mode is determined by 6-position switch settings Software: Converter mode is d etermined by most recently saved on-board microprocessor settings.
Tech Info and Standards: IEEE Std. 802.3ab and IEEE Std. 802.3z Single-mode.
Regulatory Compliance: CISPR/EN55022 Class A + EN55024 FCC Class A CE Mark