Look inside Corning’s new FREEDM™ Dry MPC Cable and you’ll see there’s something familiar, missing. Corning’s FREEDM Dry MPC Cable replaces gel with a waterblocking yarn coupled with an enhanced buffer tube design. Packed full of Corning innovation, including the use of Corning ClearCurve® bend-insensitive fibre.
Aiding more efficient and installer-friendly cable preparation, FREEDM™ Dry central tube MPC cables contain a waterblocking yarn both inside and around the buffer tubes, eliminating the need for messy gels. They are an alternative product to gel-filled cables providing minimal cleaning and preparation, resulting in faster, accurate and more reliable fibre terminations.
- Innovative waterblocking yarn protects against water penetration without the need for
- Flexible polypropylene buffer tubes isolate fibres from environmental and installation rigors
- Low-smoke, zero-halogen (LSZH™), jacket meets European regulations for indoor use
- Multipurpose indoor/outdoor use including campuses, building-to-building, airports, shopping malls, stadiums and railway stations. There is no need to re-terminate at building entry and use separate cables for indoor and outdoor applications
- Available with a variety of different fibre types, including the industry leading bend-insensitive Corning® ClearCurve® Multimode OM2, OM3 and OM4 fibres
The gel-free cables avoid the frustration and inconvenience of working with messy, sticky and oily gels or hazardous cleaning chemicals. The time-saving, easy and clean preparation and connection process requires no special tools and equipment for cleaning.
With FREEDM you can gain more efficient, high-quality and less costly installations that enhance the performance and longevity of mission-critical network infrastructures.