Paxton Introduces New Net2 Occupancy Management & Thermal Scan Integrations to Support COVID-Secure Buildings
GREENVILLE, SC, July 7, 2020
Paxton has brought new additions to their leading Net2 access control product line, helping installers make their customers’ buildings more COVID-secure. The latest version of Net2 – v6.04, has been in rapid development since May and is now ready for installers to download. It features Net2 Occupancy Management which allows you to limit the number of people in any given area; either barring access or sending an email or text to the building manager when a space nears capacity. It works across multiple areas of a site and can be set to operate a one in, one out system to support social distancing measures. In addition to this update, installers who want to use thermal scanning to help limit the spread of the virus can do so with three new thermal scan integrations.
Adam Stroud, Paxton CEO says: "We understand the important part that access control plays in managing the flow of people around a building in order to support a hygienic environment. In addition, controlling the density of people in any given area is a valuable tool to help businesses of all types to become 'COVID-secure'. Net2 is one of the best selling access control systems and so we have developed the new Occupancy Management feature to meet this specific need. For new and existing Net2 customers we hope that this new functionality helps the efforts that we are all making to observe social distancing and keep people safe."
Occupancy Management* with Net2 v6.04:
- Ensure users maintain a safe social distance by setting and controlling the maximum number of people in any given area
- Real-time visual reports - see live occupancy levels in a clear, web-based visual report from smartphone, tablet, PC or widescreen wall display
- Dynamic control of entry permissions - set alerts and prevent user access when maximum capacity is neared or reached
- Simplified area management - set and manage multiple areas simultaneously, with specific occupancy levels per area
- Support continuous flow of people movement with one-in-one-out user access when people numbers are high
*Net2 Pro software is required to use the Occupancy Management feature.