Smart Link Mapper Applications for OTDR Testing
The SLM intelligent optical software application helps technicians use an OTDR more effectively, without the need to understand or interpret OTDR results. Each event is displayed as an icon giving users a schematic view of the entire link, known as SmartLink. SLM can completely correlate to the original OTDR trace as experts desire.
FTTA-SLM and FTTH-SLM are SLM-based OTDR applications specifically designed for fiber-to-the-antenna (FTTA)
and fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) point-to-point or point-to-multipoint network testing, respectively. In addition to the results SmartLink view displays, both applications offer a customized user interface for both FTTA and FTTH networks testing
The FTTH-SLM’s specific algorithm can conduct OTDR measurements through PON splitters enabling it to detect events on either side.
CABLE-SLM manages multi-fiber acceptance testing and cable commissioning. It eliminates the complexities of sequencing intensive fiber testing and managing large amounts of OTDR test data.
- Eliminates OTDR results interpretation complexity
- Immediately diagnoses problems
- Reduces human error
- Improves OTDR testing time and reliability
- Reduces truck rolls, re-test, and cable waste
- Installing and commissioning enterprise, access, and metro networks (SLM)
- Installing and maintaining wireless backhaul (SLM)
- Characterizing links for long haul/xWDM networks (SLM)
- Troubleshooting fiber networks (SLM)
- Installing, maintaining and troubleshooting cell towers and rooftop sites (FTTA-SLM) as well as FTTH networks (FTTH-SLM)
- Directly correlates SmartLink view results and OTDR trace
- Automatic pass/fail results
- Eliminates the need for OTDR expertise when used with SmartOTDR™
- Versions dedicated for FTTA and FTTH networks testing
- Compatible with all multimode/single-mode 4100 and 8100-series OTDR modules
- Enabled on all recent T-BERD/MTS-2000, -4000 , -6000, -6000A, and -8000OTDR platforms
- Upgradable on site