Collection of Information
Information You Provide Us. We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, when you visit the Sites, we collect information when you request a quote, create an account, participate in any interactive features of Sites, order products, sign up for a newsletter or provide general feedback. The types of information we may collect include your name, company name, credit card information, street address, telephone number, email address and any other information you choose to provide. In the event that you register for an enterprise account, we may also collect information about your authorized users, including their names, titles, telephone numbers, fax numbers and email addresses.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use Our Sites. When you access or use our Sites, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Transaction Information: When you purchase or return products, we collect information about the transaction, such as the product name, purchase price and quantity ordered.
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Sites, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Sites.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Sites, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Sites. For example, if you create or log into an account by using social network credentials, such as LinkedIn or Facebook, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Sites;
- Personalize and improve your experience using the Sites and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Provide and improve our customer service, including to respond to your comments, questions and requests;
- Analyze and manage our business;
- Fulfill orders and requests for products, services or information;
- Process credit card and other forms of payment;
- Track and confirm orders and process returns and exchanges;
- Send technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages
- Communicate with you about services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Anixter and others;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Anixter is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. However, as Anixter operates internationally, we may need to make your information available to companies and/or branches within our group which may be located outside of the U.S., including in countries which may not provide the same level of protection of your information as in your home jurisdiction.
By accessing or using the Sites or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and to other countries.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- If you access and use the Sites as an authorized user in connection with an enterprise account, we will share certain information about you and the actions you take on the Sites (such as product purchase information) with your account administrator;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Anixter or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Sites that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
Social Sharing Features
The Sites may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook "Like" button), which let you share actions you take on our Sites with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Anixter takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
General. You may at any time review or ask for the rectification or removal of your information by contacting us at Anixter, Inc., 2301 Patriot Blvd, Glenview, IL, 60026, USA, or by e-mail at email@example.com. However, note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You can block cookies by activating the setting on your web browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. These settings are usually found in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your web browser. In order to understand these settings or get further information, refer to the documentation provided by the provider of the web browser you are using. For further information about deleting or blocking cookies, please visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies), you may not be able to access all or parts of our Sites or perform certain functionalities of the Sites, such as requesting a quote.
Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or messages from Anixter by following the instructions in those emails or messages or by using other tools we may make available. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing service relationship.
California Consumer Privacy Act of 2019
Customer Specific Disclosures
a. Contract Customers
If you are a contract customer and would like to opt-out of receiving promotional postal mail and/or email from us, please notify your Account Manager. You may still receive promotional postal mail or email from other affiliated companies and Third Parties if they have received your email or postal address from other sources or as a result of their own transactions or experiences with you. You will also continue to receive promotional postal mail or email if you request to hear from us again.
b. Nevada Residents
Under Nevada SB 220, Nevada residents may submit an opt-out request regarding the sale of their Personally Identifiable Information (PII) collected through a website or online service. Where applicable, you may submit your request to Opt-Out of the sale of Personal Information to Third Parties by submitting an online request at: Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
c. California Residents
1. California Shine the Light Law
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83–1798.84 California residents may request the names and addresses of affiliated companies and categories of Personal Information we share for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please Contact Us.
2. California Consumer Privacy Act of 2019
California residents have the following rights:
1. The Right to Disclosure
1a. About information collected
1b. About information sold
- Categories of personal information sold
- Categories of Third Parties with whom the personal information was sold
2. The Right to Deletion of Personal Information
3. The Right to Opt-Out of the sale of Personal Information to Third Parties
4. The Right to Sue for Security Breaches
5. The Right to not be Discriminated Against Based on Exercising any of the Above Rights
California residents may submit a Data Disclosure request by:
1. Submitting an online request here: Data Disclosure Request
California residents may submit a Data Deletion request by:
1. Submitting an online request here: Data Deletion Request
Where applicable, you may submit your request to Opt-Out of the sale of your Personal Information to Third Parties by:
1. Submitting an online request here: Do Not Sell My Personal Information
2. Clicking the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” button on our applicable website
Unless indicated with a “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” button on our websites, we do not sell Personal Information as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to fulfilling the above requests.
Authorized Agents may submit requests on behalf of a California resident using the above processes and providing the appropriate documentation.
The following section describes:
1. Categories of personal information we collect
2. The purpose for which the personal information is collected
3. Specific personal information collected
4. Categories of sources from which that information is collected
5. Categories of Third Parties (who are not classified service providers) with whom the information may be shared
6. The purpose for selling or sharing of personal information
We do not knowingly collect or sell the Personal Information of minors under the age of 16 without affirmative authorization.
As an additional resource, you may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any additional questions related to the rights granted under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
Anixter International Inc.
Attn: Chief Compliance Officer
2301 Patriot Boulevard
Glenview, IL, 60026, USA
This policy was last revised on March 9, 2020