Corning Cable Systems MIC Plenum Cables are designed for use in plenum, riser and general purpose environments for intrabuilding backbone and horizontal installations. These multifiber cables use 900 µm TBII Buffered Fibers to allow easy, consistent stripping and to facilitate termination. The fibers are surrounded by dielectric strength members and protected by a flame-retardant outer jacket.
The all-dielectric cable construction requires no grounding or bonding. MIC Plenum cables are ideal for routing inside buildings, within plenum areas and riser shafts, to the telecommunications rooms and workstations. The MIC Plenum Cables meet the application requirements of the National Electrical Code (NEC) Article 770 and are OFNP and FT-6 listed.
This cable is available in 12 different jacket colors - blue, orange, green, brown, slate, white, red, black, yellow, purple, rose and aqua. The colored jacket allows for easy visual identification of the cables.
General Purpose Horizontal, Vertical Riser, Plenum
- 900 µm TBII Buffered Fibers; Easy, consistent stripping
- All-dielectric construction; Requires no grounding or bonding
- Flame-retardant jacket; Rugged and durable
Cable Type: Tight-Buffered
Fiber Category: 50 µm MM (OM2)
Flame Rating: Plenum (OFNP)
Product Type: Distribution
Central Element: Yarn
Fiber Count (cable): 6
Number of Ripcords: 1
Outer Jacket Color: Orange
Outer Jacket Material: Flame-retardant
Tensile Strength Elements and/or Armoring - Layer 1: Dielectric strength members
Tight Buffer Color: Blue, Orange, Green, Brown, Slate, White
Max. Tensile Strengths, Long-Term (Metric): 132 N
Max. Tensile Strengths, Long-Term (US): 30 lbf
Max. Tensile Strengths, Short-Term (Metric): 440 N
Max. Tensile Strengths, Short-Term (US): 100 lbf
Min. Bend Radius Installation (Metric): 80 mm
Min. Bend Radius Installation (US): 3.2 in
Min. Bend Radius Operation (Metric): 27 mm
Min. Bend Radius Operation (US): 1.1 in
Nominal Outer Diameter (Metric-mm): 5.3 mm
Nominal Outer Diameter (US): 0.21 in
Weight (cable) (Metric): 27 kg/km
Weight (cable) (US): 19 lb/1000 ft
Temperature - Installation (Metric): 0 C to 60 C
Temperature - Installation (US): 32 F to 140 F
Temperature - Operation (Metric): 0 C to 70 C
Temperature - Operation (US): 32 F to 158 F
Temperature - Storage (Metric): -40 C to 70 C
Temperature - Storage (US): -40 F to 158 F
Approval and Listings: National Electrical Code (NEC) OFNP, CSA FT-6, ICEA S-83-596; Flame Resistance: NFPA 262 (for plenum, riser and general building applications)
|Cable Type||TIGHT BUFFERED|
|Fiber Type||OM2 50 MICRON MULTIMODE|
Shipping and Fulfillment Policy
When you order products from Anixter.com, the order is processed within one to two business days. Orders received during non-business days are processed on the next business day.
You have several shipping options for parcel shipping: standard ground 5 to 7 business days, 2 to 3 business days, or next business day.
Anixter.com orders ship to addresses within the United States. Anixter.com orders do not currently ship to addresses outside the United States or military/government APO/FPO locations. We are also not able to ship to Post Office Box addresses. If you wish to ship to an address outside the United States or a military/government location, please contact your local Anixter sales representative to discuss your options.
In addition, Anixter.com offers Less-Than-A-Truckload “LTL” option for products that cannot be shipped via parcel shipping. For products that will be shipped via LTL, you will be provided with a set of Accessorials to select from to provide Anixter with additional shipping considerations, such as residential delivery, inside delivery, liftgate or limited access.
- Residential Delivery - A residential delivery charge applies to shipments to a home or private residence, including locations where a business is operated from a home, or to any shipment in which the shipper has designated the delivery address as a residence.
- Inside Delivery - When requested, freight carrier unloads shipments from or to areas that are not next to the trailer, such as shopping malls or office buildings. An elevator must be available to provide service to floors above or below the trailer.
- Liftgate - Freight carrier provides liftgate service, if needed, to load and unload a shipment when loading/unloading docks are not available.
- Limited Access Locations - A limited access location is a site where pickup or delivery is restricted or limited.
Shipping charges are calculated based on the shipping option you select, and is prepaid by you at the time of shipment.