Corning ALTOS figure-8 gel-free cables are self-supporting aerial cables designed for easy and economical one-step installation. The loose tube design provides stable performance over a wide temperature range and is compatible with any telecommunicatio ns-grade optical fiber. The gel-free design is fully waterblocked using craft-friendly water-swellable materials, making cable access simple and requiring no clean up. While the flexible, craft-friendly buffer tubes are easy to route in closures, the S Z-stranded, loose tube design isolates optical fibers from installation and environmental rigors and facilitates mid-span access.
The figure-8 cable design allows easy, one-step installation, using standard hardware and installation methods. These cables have a medium density polyethylene jacket that is rugged, durable and easy to strip.
- Gel-free waterblocking technology
- Craft-friendly cable preparation Polyethylene jacket
- Rugged, durable and easy to strip (while providing superior protection against UV radiation, fungus, abrasion and other environmental factors) Figure-8 cable designÔEasy, one-step installation
Cable Type: Loose Tube
Fiber Category: Single-mode (OS2)
Product Type: Self-Supporting
Buffer Tube Color Coding: Blue
Buffer Tube Diameter (Metric): 2.5 mm
Buffer Tube Diameter (US): 0.1 in
Central Element: Dielectric
Fiber Coloring: Blue, Orange, Green, Brown, Slate, White, Red, Black, Yellow, Violet, Rose, Aqua
Fiber Count (cable): 12
Fibers per Tube: 12
Messenger: Stranded steel
Number of Active Tubes: 1
Number of Filling Elements: 5
Number of Ripcords: 1
Number of Tube Positions: 6
Outer Jacket Color: Black
Outer Jacket Material: Polyethylene (PE)
Min. Bend Radius Installation (Metric): 158 mm
Min. Bend Radius Installation (US): 6.2 in
Min. Bend Radius Operation (Metric): 105 mm
Min. Bend Radius Operation (US): 4.1 in
Nominal Cable Height (Metric): 22.1 mm
Nominal Cable Height (US): 0.87 in
Nominal Outer Diameter (Metric-mm): 10.5 mm
Nominal Outer Diameter (US): 0.41 in
Weight (cable) (Metric): 297 kg/km
Weight (cable) (US): 199 lb/1000 ft
Temperature - Installation (Metric): -30 C to 70 C
Temperature - Installation (US): -22 F to 158 F
Temperature - Operation (Metric): -40 C to 70 C
Temperature - Operation (US): -40 F to 158 F
Temperature - Storage (Metric): -40 C to 70 C
Temperature - Storage (US): -40 F to 158 F
Common Installations: Outdoor self-supporting aerial; Design and Test Criteria: ANSI/ICEA S-87-640; Free of hazardous substances according to RoHS 2002/95/EG
|Cable Type||LOOSE TUBE|
|Fiber Type||OS2 SINGLE-MODE|
Shipping and Fulfillment Policy
When you order products from Anixter.com, the order is processed within one to two business days. Orders received during non-business days are processed on the next business day.
You have several shipping options for parcel shipping: standard ground 5 to 7 business days, 2 to 3 business days, or next business day.
Anixter.com orders ship to addresses within the United States. Anixter.com orders do not currently ship to addresses outside the United States or military/government APO/FPO locations. We are also not able to ship to Post Office Box addresses. If you wish to ship to an address outside the United States or a military/government location, please contact your local Anixter sales representative to discuss your options.
In addition, Anixter.com offers Less-Than-A-Truckload “LTL” option for products that cannot be shipped via parcel shipping. For products that will be shipped via LTL, you will be provided with a set of Accessorials to select from to provide Anixter with additional shipping considerations, such as residential delivery, inside delivery, liftgate or limited access.
- Residential Delivery - A residential delivery charge applies to shipments to a home or private residence, including locations where a business is operated from a home, or to any shipment in which the shipper has designated the delivery address as a residence.
- Inside Delivery - When requested, freight carrier unloads shipments from or to areas that are not next to the trailer, such as shopping malls or office buildings. An elevator must be available to provide service to floors above or below the trailer.
- Liftgate - Freight carrier provides liftgate service, if needed, to load and unload a shipment when loading/unloading docks are not available.
- Limited Access Locations - A limited access location is a site where pickup or delivery is restricted or limited.
Shipping charges are calculated based on the shipping option you select, and is prepaid by you at the time of shipment.