Model 1042 provides the simplest way to recess APs into the ceiling for an aesthetic, professional installation. A cutout is made in the ceiling and the back-box is fastened to the ceiling (remodel). The AP fastens to the AP-specific trim, and the trim to the back-box. The AP is recessed into the ceiling much like a recessed light fixture. AP trim can be easily swapped for new trim if the AP brand or model changes in the future. See specs for AP-specific model names.
- (1) Unit
- (2) Wa/ceiling bridge
- (4) #6-32 X 1/2" screw
- (2) #8-32 wing nut
- (2) 5/16" Lock washer
- (2) Wire tie
- (1) Trim
- (1) T-bar clip
- (1) 1" Conduit fitting with nut
- (1) Firestop grommet
- (1) Support wire
- (1) Installation instructions
- Conveniently and quickly install APs in hard ceiling environments
- White, powder-coated, beveled AP trim provides a professional finish
Design: Economical, recessed hard ceiling or wall installation kit for APs. For pre-existing drywall, sheetrock, gypsum board walls or ceiling (remodeling or old construction). AP mounts in interchangeable bracket and trim, providing a professional fin ish. Designed for Aruba AP-215
Performance: UL listed for low voltage applications, and designed to meet NEC300-22 and 300-23 for plenum installations. De-rate AP operating temperature range by 10C when mounted in enclosure
AP bracket and trim is interchangeable for other APs, without removing back-box
Firestop grommet for insertion into back-box, large enough for 2 Cat6A cables
1" trade size knockouts in two walls
Swivel fasteners secure enclosure into pre-existing hard ceiling/wall panels 3/4" tick or less
Construction: 20 ga. galvanized steel back-box, and white, powder-coated 20 ga. steel trim. Solid back-box fills opening behind AP, creating an effective fire, smoke and dust barrier to simplify ICRA compliance
Maximum weight inside enclosure is 25lbs
Size: 14.67 inches by 14.67 inches by 3 inches (373 mm by 373 mm by 76mm). Back-box is 11 inches by 11 inches x 3inches
Shipping and Fulfillment Policy
When you order products from Anixter.com, the order is processed within one to two business days. Orders received during non-business days are processed on the next business day.
You have several shipping options for parcel shipping: standard ground 5 to 7 business days, 2 to 3 business days, or next business day.
Anixter.com orders ship to addresses within the United States. Anixter.com orders do not currently ship to addresses outside the United States or military/government APO/FPO locations. We are also not able to ship to Post Office Box addresses. If you wish to ship to an address outside the United States or a military/government location, please contact your local Anixter sales representative to discuss your options.
In addition, Anixter.com offers Less-Than-A-Truckload “LTL” option for products that cannot be shipped via parcel shipping. For products that will be shipped via LTL, you will be provided with a set of Accessorials to select from to provide Anixter with additional shipping considerations, such as residential delivery, inside delivery, liftgate or limited access.
- Residential Delivery - A residential delivery charge applies to shipments to a home or private residence, including locations where a business is operated from a home, or to any shipment in which the shipper has designated the delivery address as a residence.
- Inside Delivery - When requested, freight carrier unloads shipments from or to areas that are not next to the trailer, such as shopping malls or office buildings. An elevator must be available to provide service to floors above or below the trailer.
- Liftgate - Freight carrier provides liftgate service, if needed, to load and unload a shipment when loading/unloading docks are not available.
- Limited Access Locations - A limited access location is a site where pickup or delivery is restricted or limited.
Shipping charges are calculated based on the shipping option you select, and is prepaid by you at the time of shipment.