Within the LAN environment, a Layer 3 switch makes intelligent switching decisions based on the OSI Layer 3 source and destination addresses, similar to that of a router. A standard Layer 2 switch relies on the MAC addresses to make switching decisions . The fundamental difference between the two, is that a Layer 3 switch offers more performance than that of a standard Layer 2 switch. NetVanta Layer 3 switches combine performance, reliability and security. These switches are perfect for Gigabit to th e desktop applications or as an aggregator switch routing between VLANs, therefore segmenting data and voice and offering additional security. In addition, these NetVanta Layer 3 switches offer the optional 802.3af-compliant and legacy PoE requirements to power LAN devices.
This part has been discontinued by the supplier.
- Provides affordable solutions to support today’s bandwidth-intensive network applications
- Quality of service (QoS) capabilities support mission-critical applications such as VoIP
- LLDP/LLDP-MED further aids in management by discovering neighboring devices and IP phones
- Cable diagnostics to identify cable plant problems like an open or a short in a twisted pair
- Wi-Fi access controller managing up to 24 ADTRAN wireless access points (WAPs)
|No Exp Modules/Slots||5-8|
|Number of Ports||25-48|
|Type of Device||STACKABLE SWITCH|
Shipping and Fulfillment Policy
When you order products from Anixter.com, the order is processed within one to two business days. Orders received during non-business days are processed on the next business day.
You have several shipping options for parcel shipping: standard ground 5 to 7 business days, 2 to 3 business days, or next business day.
Anixter.com orders ship to addresses within the United States. Anixter.com orders do not currently ship to addresses outside the United States or military/government APO/FPO locations. We are also not able to ship to Post Office Box addresses. If you wish to ship to an address outside the United States or a military/government location, please contact your local Anixter sales representative to discuss your options.
In addition, Anixter.com offers Less-Than-A-Truckload “LTL” option for products that cannot be shipped via parcel shipping. For products that will be shipped via LTL, you will be provided with a set of Accessorials to select from to provide Anixter with additional shipping considerations, such as residential delivery, inside delivery, liftgate or limited access.
- Residential Delivery - A residential delivery charge applies to shipments to a home or private residence, including locations where a business is operated from a home, or to any shipment in which the shipper has designated the delivery address as a residence.
- Inside Delivery - When requested, freight carrier unloads shipments from or to areas that are not next to the trailer, such as shopping malls or office buildings. An elevator must be available to provide service to floors above or below the trailer.
- Liftgate - Freight carrier provides liftgate service, if needed, to load and unload a shipment when loading/unloading docks are not available.
- Limited Access Locations - A limited access location is a site where pickup or delivery is restricted or limited.
Shipping charges are calculated based on the shipping option you select, and is prepaid by you at the time of shipment.