3M Cold Shrink Silicone Rubber Termination Kit QT-III, 7620-S, 7680-S and 7690-S Series contain one-piece, skirted, silicone rubber terminations, qualified as IEEE Standard 48-1996 Class 1 for outdoor weather-exposed applications.
The termination assem blies consist of a skirted insulator, high-dielectric constant (Hi-K) stress control tube*, conformable Hi-K stress controlling compound and built-in silicone top seal. The insulator is made of a dark gray silicone rubber with excellent tracking resist ance and hydrophobic properties.
*7620-S and 7621-S designed and assembled with stress controlling compound only.
The complete assembly is pre-stretched and loaded onto a removable core. The disposable core can be recycled. The kits are designed for terminating solid dielectric shielded power cables rated 5 through 34.5 kV, with tape shield, wire shield and UniShield constructions.
3M Cold Shrink Silicone Rubber Termination Kit QT-III, 7620-S, 7680-S and 7690-S Series are used to terminate tape shield, wire shield and UniShield power cable rated 5 - 34.5 kV, having extruded solid dielectric insulation as follows:
Polyethylene (high and low density), cross-linked polyethylene (XLP) and ethylene propylene rubber 9EPR)
The terminations are light weight for either free-hanging or bracketmounting arrangements.
They can be used in both protected and weather-exposed contaminated areas
The amount of airborne contamination determines the operating environment. Operating environments are described as areas having varying degrees of airborne contaminant or pollution severity that may, or may not affect the longterm performance of terminations. These operating environments are defined as light, medium, heavy and extremely heavy variations of pollution severity.
The appropriate termination selection depends on the system voltage and operating environment.
- Conforms to the IEEE Standard 48-1990 Class 1 requirements for 5, 8.7, 15 25/28 and 34.5 kV terminations
- One-piece versatile design, allowing quick installation and accommodating a wide range of cable sizes
- Cold Shrink delivery system for easy installation: simply place termination over prepared cable and unwind core to shrink into place (no force fit required)
- Hi-K stress control: specially formulated high dielectric constant material minimizes surfaces stress by more uniformly distributing the electrical field over the entire surface of the insulator
- Compact design provides for easier installation in restricted spaces
- Silicone rubber insulators, EPDM stress control tubes, stress controlling compound and silicone sealing compound are compatible with all common solid dielectric insulations, such as polyethylene (PE), cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE) and ethylene propylene rubber (EPR)
Agency Approvals: IEEE
Breakout Boot: No
Cable Insulation Outside Diameter Range (metric): 38.9-58.9 mm
Conductor Size Unit: AWG
Installed Length (metric): 26.67 cm
Insulation Rejacketing: No
Product Family: QT-III
Shielding Type: Tape, Wire, Unishield
Voltage: 5 kV, 8.7 kV
BIL: 95 kV
Cable Insulation Outside Diameter Range: 0.48-0.89 in
Cable Type: Compact/Solid, Stranded
Conductor Sizes: 1 AWG, 1/0 AWG, 2 AWG, 2/0 AWG, 3 AWG, 3/0 AWG, 4 AWG
Installed Length: 10.50 in
Insulation Level: 100%, 133%
Number of Skirts: 2
Product Series: 7620-S-2
Termination Type: Single Termination
|Heat Shrink/Cold Shrink||COLD SHRINK|
Shipping and Fulfillment Policy
When you order products from Anixter.com, the order is processed within one to two business days. Orders received during non-business days are processed on the next business day.
You have several shipping options for parcel shipping: standard ground 5 to 7 business days, 2 to 3 business days, or next business day.
Anixter.com orders ship to addresses within the United States. Anixter.com orders do not currently ship to addresses outside the United States or military/government APO/FPO locations. We are also not able to ship to Post Office Box addresses. If you wish to ship to an address outside the United States or a military/government location, please contact Customer Service at 1-888-264-9784 to discuss your options.
In addition, Anixter.com offers Less-Than-A-Truckload “LTL” option for products that cannot be shipped via parcel shipping. For products that will be shipped via LTL, you will be provided with a set of Accessorials to select from to provide Anixter with additional shipping considerations, such as residential delivery, inside delivery, liftgate or limited access.
- Residential Delivery - A residential delivery charge applies to shipments to a home or private residence, including locations where a business is operated from a home, or to any shipment in which the shipper has designated the delivery address as a residence.
- Inside Delivery - When requested, freight carrier unloads shipments from or to areas that are not next to the trailer, such as shopping malls or office buildings. An elevator must be available to provide service to floors above or below the trailer.
- Liftgate - Freight carrier provides liftgate service, if needed, to load and unload a shipment when loading/unloading docks are not available.
- Limited Access Locations - A limited access location is a site where pickup or delivery is restricted or limited.
Shipping charges are calculated based on the shipping option you select, and is prepaid by you at the time of shipment.