IE-SFPs, SFP+’s and XFPs are compact transceivers which function as modular connectors. Available for copper (RJ45) and all common fiber modes, wavelengths and data rates, they allow network operators to connect different interface types into the same network equipment, via an SFP/SFP+/XFP port. The cost of cable upgrades is greatly reduced - preserving the investment in costly networking equipment, for the price of a relatively inexpensive SFP, SFP+ or XFP. More and more network equipment is being designed with these ports to take advantage of their flexibility, and to take the uncertainty and guesswork out of expensive equipment purchases.
Fixed fiber ports don’t offer users much flexibility. Removable SFP modules make it easy to connect either Multimode or Single-mode fiber on the fly.
- 155 Mbps: Compliant with ITU-T G.957, G.958 and IEEE 802.3u
- 1.25 Gbps: Compliant with IEEE802.3z
- 2.4 Gbps: Compliant with ITU-T G.957, G.958
- Multi-source package with Duplex LC connector or Single-Strand fiber SC connector
- Eye Safety designed to meet Laser Class 1 compliance with IEC 60825-1
- Single 3.3V power source
- Monitoring interface compliance with SFF-8472
- Complies with Telecordia (Bellcore) GR-468-CORE, TA-NWT-000983