Terminating a fiber run while using various local, copper-based devices such as PCs, printers, VoIP, etc. is essential for the success of Fiber-to-the Business, Curb and other FTTx projects. Remote locations have similar configuration demands. Connecting the multiple copper devices to the fiber, however, typically requires the use of both a media converter and a switch - two pieces of equipment to purchase and two pieces of equipment to monitor and maintain. The AccessConverter streamlines FTTx projects as well as the connection of remote locations as a multi-port, switching media converter.
Best of all, one compact AccessConverter module reduces the amount of required equipment while providing all the features of a switch (store and forward switching mechanics, MAC address learning, protection against broadcast storms, flow control, etc.) and performing the electrical-to-optical conversion. In addition, the unit’s small size and wall-mount bracket (included) allow you to install AccessConverter virtually anywhere, including inside a network interface device (NID).
- Low cost, high flexibility - same small unit performs media conversion and switching functions
- Offers three downlink connections
- Compact size allows for flexible installation configurations
Shipping and Fulfillment Policy
When you order products from Anixter.com, the order is processed within one to two business days. Orders received during non-business days are processed on the next business day.
You have several shipping options for parcel shipping: standard ground 5 to 7 business days, 2 to 3 business days, or next business day.
Anixter.com orders ship to addresses within the United States. Anixter.com orders do not currently ship to addresses outside the United States or military/government APO/FPO locations. We are also not able to ship to Post Office Box addresses. If you wish to ship to an address outside the United States or a military/government location, please contact Customer Service at 1-888-264-9784 to discuss your options.
In addition, Anixter.com offers Less-Than-A-Truckload “LTL” option for products that cannot be shipped via parcel shipping. For products that will be shipped via LTL, you will be provided with a set of Accessorials to select from to provide Anixter with additional shipping considerations, such as residential delivery, inside delivery, liftgate or limited access.
- Residential Delivery - A residential delivery charge applies to shipments to a home or private residence, including locations where a business is operated from a home, or to any shipment in which the shipper has designated the delivery address as a residence.
- Inside Delivery - When requested, freight carrier unloads shipments from or to areas that are not next to the trailer, such as shopping malls or office buildings. An elevator must be available to provide service to floors above or below the trailer.
- Liftgate - Freight carrier provides liftgate service, if needed, to load and unload a shipment when loading/unloading docks are not available.
- Limited Access Locations - A limited access location is a site where pickup or delivery is restricted or limited.
Shipping charges are calculated based on the shipping option you select, and is prepaid by you at the time of shipment.