AF16Z contactors are used for controlling power circuits up to 690 V AC and 220 V DC. They are mainly used for controlling 3-phase motors, non-inductive or slightly inductive loads.
For Controlling Power Circuits Up To 690V AC And 220 V DC, For Controlling 3-Phase Motors, Non-Inductive Or Slightly Inductive Loads. ABB- Line - a system concept
Designed for easy and safe installation and maintenance
Easy to integrate with other system components,
A complete range of accessories
Complies with the latest international as well as national standards
Improved environmental performance
- AF contactors include an electronic coil interface providing reduced pull-in and holding consumption, particularly for AC control circuits
- Only four coils are needed to cover control voltages between 24...500 V 50/60 Hz or 20...500 V DC.
- AF offer extended operating limits and are suitable worldwide for different control voltages. e.g.: the coil 100...250 V 50/60 Hz - DC is suitable for Europe (230 V 50 Hz) and for North America (120 V 60 Hz and 208 V 60 Hz).
- AF contactors can manage large control voltage variations
- AF contactors equipped with a 24...60 V 50/60 Hz - 20...60 V DC coil allow direct control by 24 V DC 500 mA PLC-output
- AF contactors withstand short voltage dips and voltage sags (SEMI F47-0706 compliance)
- AF contactors have built-in surge protection and do not require additional surge suppressors.
Coil Voltage: 48 - 130 V AC At 50/60 Hz, 48 - 130 V DC
Contact Configuration: 3NO (Main) 1NO (Auxiliary)
Wattage: 4 kW At 220/230/240 V, 7.5 kW At 380/400 V, 9 kW At 415/440/500/690 V
Connection: Screw Terminal
Size: 45 mm Width X 86 mm Height X 77 mDepth
Operating Temperature: Fitted With Thermal Overload Relay: -25 To +60 deg C, Without Thermal Overload Relay: -40 To +70 deg C
Operating time: 40 - 95 msec (NO closing), 38 - 90 msec (NC opening) between coil energization, 11 - 95 msec (NO opening), 13 - 98 msec (NC closed) between coil de-energization
Stripping length: 10 mm
Screwdriver type: Flat 5.5 Diameter / Pozidriv 2
Tightening Torque: 13 in-lb (Main Circuit), 11 in-lb (Control And Auxiliary Circuit)
Voltage Rating: 600 V (UL/CSA/NEMA)690 V (IEC)
Endurance: Mechanical: 10 Million Cycles
Wire Size: (1 Or 2) 16 - 10 AWG (Main), (1 Or 2) 18 - 14 AWG (Auxiliary)
Number Of Poles: 3
Impulse Withstand Voltage: 6 kV
Insulation Voltage: 690 V (IEC 60947-4-1), 600 V (UL/CSnvironmental Conditions: Maximum Operating Altitude Permissible: 3000 m, Storage Temperature: -60 To +80 deg C
Operating Current: 30 A At 40/60 deg C, 26 A At 70 deg C
UL 508 Listed, CSA C22.2 No.14, RINA, CB, GOST, CE Certified, IEC 60947-1 / 60947-4-1 And EN 60947-1 / 60947-4-1 Approved, RoHS Compliant
Shipping and Fulfillment Policy
Anixter.com orders ship to addresses within the United States. Anixter.com orders do not currently ship to addresses outside the United States or military/government APO/FPO locations. We are also not able to ship to Post Office Box addresses. If you wish to ship to an address outside the United States or a military/government location, please contact your local Anixter sales representative to discuss your options.