Tripp Lite’s APS2448UL DC-to-AC inverter with automatic line-to-battery transfer and integrated charging system serves as an extended run UPS, a standalone power source or an automotive inverter. Supplies 2400 watts of continuous 120V AC power from any 48V DC bus or battery source. Floating 48 V DC ground offers compatibility with positive or negative grounded DC systems, including 48V telco applications. OverPower inverter output feature temporarily provides up to 150% of the continuous output for 1-60 minutes, and DoubleBoost inverter output feature delivers up to 200% of the continuous output for up to 10 seconds, providing the extra power needed to cold start heavy-duty tools and motorized equipment. When hardwire AC input is energized, comme rcial power passes through to connected equipment and the battery set is recharged via 3 stage, 15 amp charging system. In UPS mode, the APS system responds to blackouts and voltage fluctuations with a near instantaneous automatic transfer to battery-d erived AC output. Includes a set of high current DC input terminals for simple installation (user supplies batteries and cabling - see owner’s manual for recommendations). Passes sine wave utility or generator power during battery charging and UPS line power operation, plus efficient PWM sine wave AC output in inverter and UPS backup modes. Reliable large transformer design, with frequency control powers resistive electronic loads or large inductive motors, compressors and other items with high curr ent needs on start-up. Optional APSRM4 wired remote power switch with full status LEDs provides remote power inverter on/off switching and continuous status information (APSRM4 sold separate). Supports an unlimited amount of run-time with any number of user-supplied batteries connected. Highly adaptable to a variety of applications and site conditions with adjustable charger settings for wet/gel battery types and selectable line to battery power transfer voltages.
- Reliable Power for Mobile, Emergency and Remote Sites
- Generates safe, stable, computer-grade 120V AC power from 48V battery bank
- Ideal for powering tools, saws, motors, pumps, portable lighting, appliances and computer equipment in heavy-load conditions
- Designed for easy installation in RVs, commercial and fleet vehicles, emergency vehicles and construction equipment
- Functions as extended-run UPS, standalone AC power source or vehicle inverter
- Unlimited runtime with variety of user-supplied batteris
- Tested to UL (U.S.) and CSA (Canada) safety standards
- Meets Normal and Peak Power Demands
- 2400W of continuous power
- 3600W of reserve power up to 1 hr.
- 4800W of peak power up to 10 sec. to accommodate surge power demands during equipment startup cycling
- Automatic overload detector, built-in cooling fan and resettable AC circuit breakers protect unit from damage
- High-current DC input terminals for simple hardwired installation
- Automatic Transfer Switching
- Transfer relay switches to inverter wer during blackout in 8 ms
- 3-position switch enables Auto, Charge Only or System Off mode
- DIP switches configure high and low voltage auto-transfer
- 3-Stage 15A Battery Charger
- Serves as battery charger when external 120V AC power is supplied and powing connected equipment
- Protects battery from overcharging and overdischarging
- Low-battery protection prevents excessive battery depletion
- DIP switches configure wet/gel charging profiles
- Optional Remote Control Capability
- RJ45 communication port als connection of optional remote control module, such as Tripp Lite’s APSRM4
- Front-Panel LEDs
- Indicate AC/DC operational modes, overload status, DC voltage level, shutdown status and system fault status
- Rugged Polycarbonate Housing
- Resists moisture, vration and impact
- Built-in mounting feet for installation on any rigid horizontal surface
Inverter/Charger With Auto-Transfer Switching
Frequency Compatibility: 60 Hz
Output: 2400 Watt
Continuous Output Capacity: 2400 Watt
Peak Output Capacity (Watt): 4800 Watt
Output Nominal Voltage: 120 Volt
Output Voltage Regulation: Line Power (AC): Maintains 120 Volt Nominal Sine Wave Output From Line Power Source. Inverter Power (AC): Maintains PWM Sine Wave Output Voltage of 120 Volt AC (+/-5%)
Output Frequency Regulation: 60 Hz (+/- 0.3 Hz)
Overload Protection: Includes 15 Amp Input Breaker Dedicated to the Charging System And 20 Amp Output Breaker for AC Output Loads
Nominal Input Voltage Supported: 120 Volt AC
Recommended Electrical Service: DC Input: Requires 48 Volt DC Input Source Capable of Delivering 56 Amp for the Required Duration (When Used At Full Continuous Capacity - DC Requirements Increase During Over-Power And Double-Boost Operation)
Maximum Input Amp/Watt: DC Input: Full Continuous Load - 56 Amp At 48 Volt DC. AC Input: 33 Amp At 120 Volt AC With Full Inverter And Charger Load (13 Amp Max Charger-Only/Combined Input Load To Support Charger And AC Output is Automatically Controllable To 66%-33%-0% Based On AC Output Load
Input Connection Type: DC Input: Set of 2 DC Bolt-Down Terminals. AC Input: Hardwire Via Built-In Junction Box With Cover Plate
Voltage Compatibility: 120 Volt AC/48 Volt DC
Expandable Battery Runtime: Runtime is Expandable With any Number of User Supplied Wet or Gel Type Batteries
DC System Voltage: 48 Volt DC
Battery Charge: 15 Amp
Switches: 3 Position On/Off/Remote Switch Enables Simple On/Off Power Control Plus "Auto/Remote" Setting That Enables Distant On/Off Control of the Inverter System When Used in Conjunction With Optional APSRM4 Accessory When Used in Inverter Mode. In AC Uninterruptible Power Mode, "Auto/Remote" Setting Enables Automatic Transfer From Line Power to Battery Power - to Maintain Continuous AC Power to Connected Loads
Front Panel LEDs: Set of 6 LEDs Offer Continuous Status Information on Load Percentage (6 Levels Reported) And Battery Charge Level (7 Levels Reported)
Unit Dimensions (HxWxD): 7.25 Inch x 8.5 Inch x 16.75 Inch (18.42 cm x 21.59 cm x 41.545 cm)
Unit Weight: 38.6 lb (17.5 kg)
Cooling Method: Multi-Speed Fan
Material Of Construction: Polycarbonate
Form Factors Supported: Mounting Slots Enable Permanent Placement of Inverter on any Horizontal Surface (See Manual For Additional Mounting Information)
Relative Humidity: 0 - 95% Non-Condensing
Operating Temperature: 32 to 104 deg F (0 to 40 deg C)
Shipping and Fulfillment Policy
When you order products from Anixter.com, the order is processed within one to two business days. Orders received during non-business days are processed on the next business day.
You have several shipping options for parcel shipping: standard ground 5 to 7 business days, 2 to 3 business days, or next business day.
Anixter.com orders ship to addresses within the United States. Anixter.com orders do not currently ship to addresses outside the United States or military/government APO/FPO locations. We are also not able to ship to Post Office Box addresses. If you wish to ship to an address outside the United States or a military/government location, please contact Customer Service at 1-888-264-9784 to discuss your options.
In addition, Anixter.com offers Less-Than-A-Truckload “LTL” option for products that cannot be shipped via parcel shipping. For products that will be shipped via LTL, you will be provided with a set of Accessorials to select from to provide Anixter with additional shipping considerations, such as residential delivery, inside delivery, liftgate or limited access.
- Residential Delivery - A residential delivery charge applies to shipments to a home or private residence, including locations where a business is operated from a home, or to any shipment in which the shipper has designated the delivery address as a residence.
- Inside Delivery - When requested, freight carrier unloads shipments from or to areas that are not next to the trailer, such as shopping malls or office buildings. An elevator must be available to provide service to floors above or below the trailer.
- Liftgate - Freight carrier provides liftgate service, if needed, to load and unload a shipment when loading/unloading docks are not available.
- Limited Access Locations - A limited access location is a site where pickup or delivery is restricted or limited.
Shipping charges are calculated based on the shipping option you select, and is prepaid by you at the time of shipment.