Types AYP and AYPO aluminum compression adapters are designed for reliable termination of aluminum and copper conductor in mechanical connectors. Typical applications include mechanical connectors in molded case circuit breakers, panel board equipment and meter sockets.
- All-aluminum electro-tin plated design eliminates possible bi-metallic corrosion and provides the shortest connector length design possible
- Shortest connector length design possible permits easy installation in equipment with limited working space
- Solid electro-tin plated aluminum plug ensures a proper electrical connection made easily. Eliminates "how tight is tight" problem
- Smooth surface on the solid EC aluminum electro-tin plated plug provides greater area contact establishing excellent electrical conductivity
- Solid plug has same diameter as current carrying equivalent copper wire. Permits use of larger aluminum wire to connect equipment
- Offset plug design available in sizes 2/0 through 750 kcmil. Provides flexibility and maximizes the use of limited space eliminating interference between conductors and equipment
- Electro-tin plated to resist corrosion
- Factory prefilled with the proper amount of PENETROX joint compound. PENTROX, BURNDY’s oxide inhibiting compound with conductive metallic particles penetrates aluminum oxide between strands and forms an air-tight connection
- EPDM rubber covers are supplied with each connector to eliminate taping
- Only (5) die sets install the complete line from #6 to 750 kcmil. Lowers inventory requirements and saves money
- Supplied in a plastic convenience pack
- The cover and connector are kept together and free of foreign material until used
- Connectors are clearly marked with catalog number, wire size, and color coded die index to provide clear, easy to use information to lower installed cost
Shipping and Fulfillment Policy
Anixter.com orders ship to addresses within the United States. Anixter.com orders do not currently ship to addresses outside the United States or military/government APO/FPO locations. We are also not able to ship to Post Office Box addresses. If you wish to ship to an address outside the United States or a military/government location, please contact your local Anixter sales representative to discuss your options.