System Sensor Model BEAM1224 is a four-wire conventional reflected beam smoke detector, which is uniquely suited for protecting open areas with high ceilings, where other methods of smoke detection are difficult to install and maintain. It is to be use d with UL Listed compatible control panels only. An advantage of this single-ended reflective design is that it is much easier to install than the dual-ended projected beam detectors. Alignment is quickly accomplished via an optical sight and a two-dig it signal strength meter incorporated into the product. Another advantage of the BEAM1224 is that it is listed for operation in temperatures ranging from -22ºF to 131ºF. This means it can be used in open areas to provide early warning in environments w here temperature extremes may exceed the capability of other types of smoke detectors.
BEAM1224 consists of a transmitter/receiver unit and a reflector. When smoke enters the area between the unit and the reflector, the smoke causes a reduction in the signal. When the smoke level reaches the predetermined threshold, an alarm is activated.
BEAM1224 has four standard sensitivity selections, along with two Acclimate(TM) settings (adjustable sensitivity). When one of the two Acclimate settings is selected, the detector will automatically adjust its sensitivity using advanced software algorithms to choose the optimum sensitivity for the specific environment. BEAM1224S is also equipped with an integral sensitivity test feature, which consists of a t est filter attached to a servo motor inside the detector optics. When the remote test station RTS451 /RTS151 is used, the motor is activated and moves the filter into the pathway of the light beam, to test the detector’s sensitivity. This integral sens itivity test feature allows the user to quickly and easily meet the annual maintenance and test requirements of NFPA 72.
Must be a reseller to purchase this product.
- 16- to 328-foot protection range
- Single-ended, reflective design
- User-friendly alignment procedure
- Six user selectable sensitivity levels
- Optional integral NFPA 72 sensitivity test feature
- Removable plug-in terminal blocks
- Digital display for easy nment
- Built-in automatic gain control compensates for signal deterioration from dust build-up
- Remote test station option
- Paintable cover
- Easiest alignment in the industry
- Heater kits for transmitter/receiver and reflector option
Shipping and Fulfillment Policy
When you order products from Anixter.com, the order is processed within one to two business days. Orders received during non-business days are processed on the next business day.
You have several shipping options for parcel shipping: standard ground 5 to 7 business days, 2 to 3 business days, or next business day.
Anixter.com orders ship to addresses within the United States. Anixter.com orders do not currently ship to addresses outside the United States or military/government APO/FPO locations. We are also not able to ship to Post Office Box addresses. If you wish to ship to an address outside the United States or a military/government location, please contact your local Anixter sales representative to discuss your options.
In addition, Anixter.com offers Less-Than-A-Truckload “LTL” option for products that cannot be shipped via parcel shipping. For products that will be shipped via LTL, you will be provided with a set of Accessorials to select from to provide Anixter with additional shipping considerations, such as residential delivery, inside delivery, liftgate or limited access.
- Residential Delivery - A residential delivery charge applies to shipments to a home or private residence, including locations where a business is operated from a home, or to any shipment in which the shipper has designated the delivery address as a residence.
- Inside Delivery - When requested, freight carrier unloads shipments from or to areas that are not next to the trailer, such as shopping malls or office buildings. An elevator must be available to provide service to floors above or below the trailer.
- Liftgate - Freight carrier provides liftgate service, if needed, to load and unload a shipment when loading/unloading docks are not available.
- Limited Access Locations - A limited access location is a site where pickup or delivery is restricted or limited.
Shipping charges are calculated based on the shipping option you select, and is prepaid by you at the time of shipment.