The D263 and the D273 Photoelectric Smoke Detectors use an LED light source and a silicon photo diode to measure light in a chamber. In normal conditions the light source is absorbed in the chamber. The presence of a significant number of particulates allows the light to reflect to the photo diode. Diode measurements exceeding the alarm threshold cause the unit to signal an alarm condition. The detection chamber, designed for reliable smoke entry characteristics, is protected by a micro-fine insect screen to reduce dust accumulation and minimize nuisance alarms. To further reduce nuisance alarms, the D263 and D273 check their calibration. This Chamber Check feature is automatic. If the detector is out of calibration for a period exceeding 24 hours, the Trouble/Alarm LED flashes once per second, three times the normal rate. These detectors have an internal diagnostic test that is activated by an external magnet. This test results in specific LED and alarm circuit responses to indicate: Detector within calibration standards, Detector settings outside sensitivity standards, and Detector not operational. This test is especially useful in environmentally unstable or clean areas. The detector can be reset from the panel, after an alarm condition is cleared, by interrupting power. These detectors have a socket that accepts the D1005 test cable. The D1005 connects to the head and allows a voltmeter to read the sensitivity of the device. Depending on the specific need, the D263 and D273 series of detectors offer the following options: heat sensor, sounder, trouble relay, EOL relay and auxiliary relay. The D263 and D273 Series detectors can be used with Trim Plate TP280 for retrofit and remodeling purposes. TP280 has a diameter of 6 3/8 in. (16.2 cm).
Must be a reseller to purchase this product
- 12 V or 24 V input
- Designed for commercial or residential use
- Two-wire application
- Light-emitting diodes (LEDs) indicate the status of the chamber, power, and alarm
- Removable terminal block to simplify wiring connections
|Device Type||SMOKE DETECTOR|
Shipping and Fulfillment Policy
When you order products from Anixter.com, the order is processed within one to two business days. Orders received during non-business days are processed on the next business day.
You have several shipping options for parcel shipping: standard ground 5 to 7 business days, 2 to 3 business days, or next business day.
Anixter.com orders ship to addresses within the United States. Anixter.com orders do not currently ship to addresses outside the United States or military/government APO/FPO locations. We are also not able to ship to Post Office Box addresses. If you wish to ship to an address outside the United States or a military/government location, please contact Customer Service at 1-888-264-9784 to discuss your options.
In addition, Anixter.com offers Less-Than-A-Truckload “LTL” option for products that cannot be shipped via parcel shipping. For products that will be shipped via LTL, you will be provided with a set of Accessorials to select from to provide Anixter with additional shipping considerations, such as residential delivery, inside delivery, liftgate or limited access.
- Residential Delivery - A residential delivery charge applies to shipments to a home or private residence, including locations where a business is operated from a home, or to any shipment in which the shipper has designated the delivery address as a residence.
- Inside Delivery - When requested, freight carrier unloads shipments from or to areas that are not next to the trailer, such as shopping malls or office buildings. An elevator must be available to provide service to floors above or below the trailer.
- Liftgate - Freight carrier provides liftgate service, if needed, to load and unload a shipment when loading/unloading docks are not available.
- Limited Access Locations - A limited access location is a site where pickup or delivery is restricted or limited.
Shipping charges are calculated based on the shipping option you select, and is prepaid by you at the time of shipment.