PowerDsine’s active splitters enable data terminals that were not originally designed to accept power from the Ethernet, to be powered by standard Power over Ethernet switches and midspans. Power over Ethernet (PoE) technology enables IP telephones, wireless LAN access points, security network cameras and other types of data terminals to receive power, along with data, over standard Ethernet cables upon which data and power flow in parallel. Although a standard defining PoE already exists (IEEE 802.3af), many contemporary terminals have been designed and deployed without the ability to accept power via their LAN input - a basic requirement of the standard. Such devices can only accept power through their DC jack while their RJ45 input accepts only data. Moreover, such devices might only accept voltage levels lower than the standard’s 48 volts DC. Using the active splitter, these terminals immediately become PoE-ready without any modification required on their side. The splitter is identified as a powered device (PD) in front of the switch or midspan and after being detected and powered, it physically splits the ombined data and power stream arriving over a single cable into two separate streams travelling over two separate cords (LAN & DC power) which then go directly to the data terminal (12V or 5V).
- Accepts power from either PoE switch or a Midspan
- Converts standard 48 Volts to a lower voltage level matched to the terminal’s specification
- Simple installation with no need for system reconfiguration
Shipping and Fulfillment Policy
When you order products from Anixter.com, the order is processed within one to two business days. Orders received during non-business days are processed on the next business day.
You have several shipping options for parcel shipping: standard ground 5 to 7 business days, 2 to 3 business days, or next business day.
Anixter.com orders ship to addresses within the United States. Anixter.com orders do not currently ship to addresses outside the United States or military/government APO/FPO locations. We are also not able to ship to Post Office Box addresses. If you wish to ship to an address outside the United States or a military/government location, please contact Customer Service at 1-888-264-9784 to discuss your options.
In addition, Anixter.com offers Less-Than-A-Truckload “LTL” option for products that cannot be shipped via parcel shipping. For products that will be shipped via LTL, you will be provided with a set of Accessorials to select from to provide Anixter with additional shipping considerations, such as residential delivery, inside delivery, liftgate or limited access.
- Residential Delivery - A residential delivery charge applies to shipments to a home or private residence, including locations where a business is operated from a home, or to any shipment in which the shipper has designated the delivery address as a residence.
- Inside Delivery - When requested, freight carrier unloads shipments from or to areas that are not next to the trailer, such as shopping malls or office buildings. An elevator must be available to provide service to floors above or below the trailer.
- Liftgate - Freight carrier provides liftgate service, if needed, to load and unload a shipment when loading/unloading docks are not available.
- Limited Access Locations - A limited access location is a site where pickup or delivery is restricted or limited.
Shipping charges are calculated based on the shipping option you select, and is prepaid by you at the time of shipment.